Computer stopping when braking

lerouc

Hi

I have a sigma bc 1106 and every time i brake with the front brakes the computer stops working. It just says im doing 0km/h and then it takes a while for it to come back again.

Why is this or should i just take it back to helderberg cycle world whom fitted the thing for me?

Thanks

Hi

I have a sigma bc 1106 and every time i brake with the front brakes the computer stops working. It just says im doing 0km/h and then it takes a while for it to come back again.

Why is this or should i just take it back to helderberg cycle world whom fitted the thing for me?

Thanks

If it is wireless then try moving the sender on the fork closer to the mount position of the comp.

ie: up the fork lower. Remember to move the mag as well on the spoke or it will read 0kmh all the time ! :thumbup:

If it is wireless then try moving the sender on the fork closer to the mount position of the comp.

ie: up the fork lower. Remember to move the mag as well on the spoke or it will read 0kmh all the time ! :thumbup:

not wireless. i tried moving the sender but then it just stop working completely.

Hi

Thanks

disc brakes? My best guess is when you brake the side of the wheel with the disc is pulled closer to the fork and away from the sensor.

disc brakes? My best guess is when you brake the side of the wheel with the disc is pulled closer to the fork and away from the sensor.

that sounds good to me but now to explain this to the guy that told me that i put too much tension on my chain (and thats why i broke it <_< ) is another story!

that sounds good to me but now to explain this to the guy that told me that i put too much tension on my chain (and thats why i broke it <_< ) is another story!

Eugene?

You have brakes on your bike :P

Does it happen everytime you brake or only when you brake hard? Sounds like wheel flex when your braking as Josh already explained. What wheels set do you have also what fork are you using.

Another thing to check is the cable. When you brake the fork will dip in. There could be a brake starting in the cable so when it bends (due to the fork dipping) it looses connection. Happens alot on cable speedo's as we tend to cable tie them to the fork and it's constantly flexing. Over time the cable becomes hard and brakes. Easy to fix with a new piece of cable.

You have brakes on your bike :P

Does it happen everytime you brake or only when you brake hard? Sounds like wheel flex when your braking as Josh already explained. What wheels set do you have also what fork are you using.

Another thing to check is the cable. When you brake the fork will dip in. There could be a brake starting in the cable so when it bends (due to the fork dipping) it looses connection. Happens alot on cable speedo's as we tend to cable tie them to the fork and it's constantly flexing. Over time the cable becomes hard and brakes. Easy to fix with a new piece of cable.

Bike still brand new only done 100km on it...it happens every time i brake even if i only do a little. so im guessing it does not make contact anymore.

Hi,

Thats very strange. Could be the flexing on the wheel. Try make the sensor on the fork virtually touch the magnet (making sure the middle of the magnet is in line with the line on the middle of the sensor). When I say virtually touching, should be 1mm or less. At least you can determin now if it's movement by the wheel. If it still does not work then, either there is a connection problem on the cable even enough it's new or that wheel is flexing a very long way. The sensor is not that sensative so should be able to handle a few mm of movement.

How old is your fork? There could be movement on the stanchions as well and when you brake the fork will "flex/rock"

This sounds more like a bad connection in the wire, breaking the current with some movement . Have the faulty wire replaced by the LBS, or while they at it, let them replace the entire unit, cause it is still new. For wheel flex to cause this, the rims must be made of candy floss!

Edited by andrè traut

This sounds more like a bad connection in the wire, breaking the current with some movement . Have the faulty wire replaced by the LBS, or while they at it, let them replace the entire unit, cause it is still new. For wheel flex to cause this, the rims must be made of candy floss!

LOL i highly doubt if helderberg cycle world will do that...they charged me for my chain that broke after i had the bike for only a few weeks. But i guess i'll have to take it back! net nie lus vir hulle "ons is beter as jy" houding nie.

How old is your fork? There could be movement on the stanchions as well and when you brake the fork will "flex/rock"

5 - 6 weeks

Yeah I would take the computer back. The computer will be under warrantee so they should swap it out. As I also said there would have to be a huge amount of flex. May be candy floss is being too nice, more like rubber band wheels which is not the case. Sounds like a connection problem for sure.