Groot Marico race

lock

Hey hubbers,

Has anyone entered the groot marico race? Has anyone done this race before? On their website they say that the 61km is very technical, mmm...

Its a great race. Done the 40km , its very technical. Lots of slate, rocks, a few steep rocky descends...

Cool, what was your time on the 40Km? Not really fit yet so wondering if I should do the 61 or the 40...

Can also recommend this one. Coming from JHB it feels if you really are out in the stick along the route as opposed to the other more popular rides. Also not that many people and very relaxed atmosphere. One of the better races I've done. The long route will be a proper workout if you're not that strong.

Its a great race. Done the 40km , its very technical. Lots of slate, rocks, a few steep rocky descends...

Do you know the route of the 40 and 50.

I have done the 60 3 times and its tough.

I am worried about tackling the 60 with that damn climb of 200m.I dont know if my new hip will stand up to it.

I always thought the 40 was just gravel which means you just end up covered in car dust

if my memory serves me right ... the 40 goes to the top of the hill and then you come back. The 60 does a further 20k loop around the hill and back to the top where the route split from the 40.

if my memory serves me right ... the 40 goes to the top of the hill and then you come back. The 60 does a further 20k loop around the hill and back to the top where the route split from the 40.

Ah yes at the waterpoint.

That sounds cool.That Jedi Knight stuff through the trees at the bottom is fast