Must be a stolen bike

AIRMAVRICK

Good morning Guys and Girls,

So every morning I travel on Witkoppen rd between Leslie drive and Cedar rd. At about 7:20am every morning I see a man riding a Giant hard tail which in my mind cancnot afford to ride this bike...

Surely this bike must be stolen. It looks like a the Giant anthem x3 anthem. But its a hardtail

What should I do, It irritates me every morning....

post-7076-0-70659500-1312265278.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you should be able to find the actual bike picture on the Giant website, look under archive.....

Maybe place a pic of the rider as well... don't say its stolen , say it looks suspicious. Otherwise the wrath of the hub will get you. I think i've seen this bike on rocky Rd in Randburg. Might be the same one.

So every morning I travel on Witkoppen rd between Leslie drive and Cedar rd. At about 7:20am every morning I see a man riding a Giant hard tail which in my mind cancnot afford to ride this bike...

Surely this bike must be stolen. It looks like a the Giant anthem x3 anthem. But its a hardtail

What should I do, It irritates me every morning....

Have a look at the pedals. If he is riding in normal shoes and the bike has, say Shimano 540's or equivalent, something is fishy.

Or maybe you're jealous that he gets to train every morning and you don't...in which case just drive over him. You might get a fine or a suspended sentence

You should see the bikes I see around the squatter camp in germiston in the mornings, some of those bikes I can not even afford, will you approach anyone around the squatter camp??

You should see the bikes I see around the squatter camp in germiston in the mornings, some of those bikes I can not even afford, will you approach anyone around the squatter camp??

Try and get details of the bikes (make, model, colour, etc,) then send it through to the relevent authorities.

Once the exposè on Carte Blanche is aired on Sunday there is bound to be a livening up of interest, and some of these bikes may be recovered and returned to their rightful owners.

Try and get details of the bikes (make, model, colour, etc,) then send it through to the relevent authorities.

Once the exposè on Carte Blanche is aired on Sunday there is bound to be a livening up of interest, and some of these bikes may be recovered and returned to their rightful owners.

+1

Well done to all concerned for this iniative.

Don't just assume it is stolen....a while ago here was a case where I guy chased a guy and phone the cops in Table View if I remember...it came down that the owner gave the bike to the garden boy to get to work as the owner bought a new one....but if the seatpost is miles to high, and the bike is fitted with a Polar or stuff....then you can figure it out...but awesome stuff that you are concerned as you never know who might have been robbed!

Edited by MTB_Roadie

+1

Well done to all concerned for this iniative.

It's great when conversations on the hub turn into actions we can all benefit from. Well done all.

The same must be about the gardener on a alu Litespeed MTB I saw the otherday. Maybe it was a gift from the boss.

What should I do, It irritates me every morning.... TAKE A PILL

I think what you should do is 1. Attach a photo of a Giant HARDTAIL, 2. Rid yourself of stereotyping before you post. and 3. Have the cojones to get out and speak to him.

Maybe this man, who "in your mind" cannot afford to ride this bike, has worked his arse off to do so, and rides it to work in rain or shine while you DRIVE to work in your "overpriced luxury car; which you can probably ill afford, with high fuel consumption to boot."

How's that for stereotyping? <_<

Edited by The Drongo

Once again The Drongo tries to be controversial. Lets get it clear Mr Drongo I think you are a big poephol who is always trying to stir things up. You previously launched a personal attack on me with a totally ridiculous statement,maybe you should rather just shut up sometimes.

[/b]

I think what you should do is 1. Attach a photo of a Giant HARDTAIL, 2. Rid yourself of stereotyping before you post. and 3. Have the cojones to get out and speak to him.

Maybe this man, who "in your mind" cannot afford to ride this bike, has worked his arse off to do so, and rides it to work in rain or shine while you DRIVE to work in your "overpriced luxury car; which you can probably ill afford, with high fuel consumption to boot."

How's that for stereotyping? <_<

Once again The Drongo tries to be controversial. Lets get it clear Mr Drongo I think you are a big poephol who is always trying to stir things up. You previously launched a personal attack on me with a totally ridiculous statement,maybe you should rather just shut up sometimes.

Well you gonna have to remind me sunshine. I take nothing personally.

I just get pissed off with individuals who stereotype based on race, age, sex etc.

For instance, ranting about someone on a Giant Hardtail (low end price R4500) and then posting a pic of a Giant FS (low end price R15000).

THINK, before you make derogatory statements. If it pisses the OP off, then why hasn't he done something about it?

Take a Pill. :thumbup:

Yeah...be diplomatic and nice like me.......

Yeah...be diplomatic and nice like me.......

X - akkery. Talking of Phoephol...nice avatar, makes one ponder...

Don't just assume it is stolen....a while ago here was a case where I guy chased a guy and phone the cops in Table View if I remember...it came down that the owner gave the bike to the garden boy to get to work as the owner bought a new one....but if the seatpost is miles to high, and the bike is fitted with a Polar or stuff....then you can figure it out...but awesome stuff that you are concerned as you never know who might have been robbed!

Or if it fitted with Shimano 540 pedals