How do you send money using Western Union?

EggsBox

Hi guys,

How do one use western union to send money?

What information etc...how do you initiate transaction...

are you a west african business man, who has just enherited millions and you need someone to help you move money, for which you will pay them handsomely in return?

No fool.

I am going to try out frame + other accessories from www.dengfubikes.com

Looks like they are more familiar with Western Union.

Hi guys,

How do one use western union to send money?

What information etc...how do you initiate transaction...

Just take your ID or passport from what I remember, make sure the details are 100% before payment is done as they CANNOT be rectified after.

hmmm...

ok just checking!

But yeah, be careful of the far eastern sites. Quite a few are scams. Maybe first ask around if anyone has had any experience dealing with DengFu, if you don't know of anyone.

I've not sent money from SA - only from West Africa, but you give Western Union the money, details of the recipient and a password for the recipient.

Once it is sent you tell the person what the password is and they go to their nearest Weston Union office and collect the cash.

I've not sent money from SA - only from West Africa, but you give Western Union the money, details of the recipient and a password for the recipient.

Once it is sent you tell the person what the password is and they go to their nearest Weston Union office and collect the cash.

+1, have also done it.

It is quite expensive though. I'd send them money via Paypal if I were you...

Be very careful of anyone who wants payment with WU for goods - there is no come back. Rather ask to do a bank transfer, that way there is at least some way of verification as to where the money is going.

But if you insist on sending WU: you need ID book and proof of address (like Electricity bill), but if its a commercial transaction they will tell you to go to the bank and do a bank xfer, you can only send to an individual, not a business.

looks a bit risky for me.

but hey if it works then you'll score,

if not then you'll be your hubname in afrikaans

My mate sent me some cash while I was living in the UK, the security question was, " Jou ma......" I had to answer with ".....se ****" I had to repeat it a few times to the person behind the desk without laughing my arse off :lol:

+1, have also done it.

It is quite expensive though. I'd send them money via Paypal if I were you...

I agree. Their commision is quite high.Paypal is much better and cheaper.

Western Union is bad news. The classifieds industry HATES it, it's usually always a scam. :(

Be real careful mate.

My mate sent me some cash while I was living in the UK, the security question was, " Jou ma......" I had to answer with ".....se ****" I had to repeat it a few times to the person behind the desk without laughing my arse off :lol:

A bit OT I know, but I was cycling in the English countryside (Surrey) on Sunday morning. I overtook a much slower rider at good pace, and he got a bit of a fright and said out loud : "Hey, jou p..." not expecting I would understand. Needless to say - it made for a good laugh

Just out of interest Western Union has about $2 billion in cash reserve...I guess this is a good sign for future growth :unsure:

As far as question, I think you should try use PayPal.