18 Speed

BushGoblin

howzit...

i am considering upgrading my current crankset ( current running 27 speed last's year XO for the shifter and derailleur). i never use the the small chainring so was thinking of running a double chainring in the front. So i i was thinking of running a double Rotor ring ( not sure on sizes yet) and keeping my 9 speed in the rear. Good idea or bad? Anyone running somethign simillar?

Shot.

yes it is possible. the only thing to consider is that currently you use big (42t/44t) and middle (32t) blade on your triple. when go double you should pick your blades wisely. a 39/26 is more for 29er, 42/28 26er. the big blade wont be much of a diff but the smaller one would be going from a 32t to 28t.

I dont know rotor cranks but i think it would be a sweet upgrade

I'm gonna do exactly that on my 29r tonight ... with a 39/26 double ..... will report back once done and tested!

All done ..... shifts fine but will check it on the Rietvlei XC course tomorrow! I notice one or 2 things that 'may' be an issue but we'll see ....

post-271-0-97568400-1312395674.jpg