(Deon)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's ridden the new section?

..and any idea on speed??

Fast. Very nice. But I stuffed it up, not lifting the front for either the dropoff at the top, or the booster onto the new line. Result? 2m long endo both times. That's what you get for attempting a never-before-ridden section after 3 hours of hard riding. But I'll hit it again this weekend... Need to.

Rode it on sunday. The last bit we dug is soft and a bit slow but the rest is fast. Especially the jump and first two berms. Super flowing. That rock drop slows me down a bit but i will get the line right after a few runs.

Rode it on sunday. The last bit we dug is soft and a bit slow but the rest is fast. Especially the jump and first two berms. Super flowing. That rock drop slows me down a bit but i will get the line right after a few runs.

Same. Rode it on Sunday at approx 2pm. Love it.

Going to Tokai on Saturday for the first time in 7 weeks so will have a sqiz at the new section :thumbup: not sure if I will try it :unsure: But for Tokai in general :thumbup:

leet, FYI, it was built with a Giant Reign in mind. You should ride it!

(no prizes guessing what I ride, both up and down ST marked tails, he he)

leet, FYI, it was built with a Giant Reign in mind. You should ride it!

(no prizes guessing what I ride, both up and down ST marked tails, he he)

Not sure of my confidence levels after being of the bike for so long :unsure: but am very tempted to have a go :whistling:

I'm not sure where the new trail is, any chance of someone giving me directions. A brief description of the trail would be great as well. e.g. what to look out for, how many drop-offs and how high, how many jumps, is there a rocky section i should be afraid of, should i speed up/slow down at any particular section, should i or should i not use my rear brake to drag my rear wheel, can i ride up and down, how fast should i attept to ride the trail.

But directions would be really appreciated.

Why don't I start this one..

:thumbup: :thumbdown:

I wish we could get you okes over to Jonkershoek to help build a few new lines. Not sure who's responsible for building tracks there, but I think it's time for something fresh in Jonkers. Lots of potential.

I'm not sure where the new trail is, any chance of someone giving me directions. A brief description of the trail would be great as well. e.g. what to look out for, how many drop-offs and how high, how many jumps, is there a rocky section i should be afraid of, should i speed up/slow down at any particular section, should i or should i not use my rear brake to drag my rear wheel, can i ride up and down, how fast should i attept to ride the trail.

But directions would be really appreciated.

Mofo, on DH1, after the Boulders crossing, the course takes a long right bend into a double.. the new divert is there and heads off right along the contour for a bit, but in the air.

It is littered with doubles, berms, drop-offs and a ski-style jump off a MOFO of a rock. All do-able but I would recommend 5" and up. (That said, no reason why long travel HT won't do it.. watchya say Jimmy??) Watched a Trance chase Morewood and Mongoose DH rigs. I swear at one point the armoured rider on the MW was in the way.. the Trance was looking for a way around! The Mongoose could not keep up.. he he

Please, must say now, dragging brakes might end in injury.. trail best ridden with minimal brakes!

Now need to get Parks involved in a hike-a-bike route for the way back up.. ;)