Bicycle Lessons for Adults

smurf_ryder

I did a lesson with The Spokeman/Wessel Jacobz, the husband of the lady who does the Ride Like a Girl lessons. It was quite informative, and I learnt a thing or two. His wife (I think it is Rose) has the same qualifications, and I imagine would be of similar help. You can find them on facebook by searching for ride like a girl, or https://www.ridelikeagirl.co.za/.

They are based in PTA, but do lessons in JHB periodically, I think about once a month, as well as other parts of the country less frequently.

Hi All....

Is there a place where one can go and take riding lessons? The last time a friend rode a bicycle was when she was 10 years old, and the riding didnt end very well apparently....she became one with the pavement!

So....many more years or rather 2 decades later, she's built up her courage and wants to be part of our riding group but still has the "Fear of Falling" off a bike.....

so i thought anyone might advise as to where she can get help....we tried the "e-how" tips of teaching her to ride a bicyle but honestly i think a Pro would do a way better job.

any help will be appreciated.....

....ride on ryderz!

I've gone through a similar process with my wife over the last 4-and-a-bit years,

1. We started on a tandem. great way to ride a long way together at first, and it helped set her expectations that a 100km ride isn't all that far :)

2. She needs both fitness and skills - indoor power training helped a lot for fitness, and as you get fitter the skills are easier to master.

3. MTB skills courses are really useful and confidence building, also really helpful to have this coached by someone who isn't personally involved

4. We are going to do some riding on track to get better at bike handling - road downhills are the most challenging right now.

Speak to Sean at Skill Up Mtb, he is an awesome instructor and is very patient..check out their facebook page or call him on 082 757 1749

SEVEN YEARS later ....

At least the typical reply now is much more helpful !! :thumbup:

Thankfully the concept of a "skills coach" has come a LONG way in these years ....  :clap: