Cables?

Chubba

6 members have voted

1. 1. What are the better cables to use?

• Alligator Super Fortress
    • Jagwire Ripcord

If the choice is just between those two, I'll go Jagwire. Otherwise, get good old Shimano SIS.

Full length is the main criteria. Make sure there is enough hose for both derailleurs or at least make sure you got enough for the rear to be fully closed.

How am i supposed to work with that? 2 each!

Bribe somebody in the iEC to make the vote look better! :lol: :lol:

Full length is the main criteria. Make sure there is enough hose for both derailleurs or at least make sure you got enough for the rear to be fully closed.

I think he is talking about cables. Housing is a totally different thing. If he is talking about a full system then he must look into Gore Ride-on Professional system.

I think he is talking about cables. Housing is a totally different thing. If he is talking about a full system then he must look into Gore Ride-on Professional system.

Ya...what he said! :blush:

I have a frame and components that I need to build onto the frame, I need brake cables and derailleur cables. I have nothing at the moment, so I would assume this to be the cable and the housing I require? As per my links?

Ya...what he said! :blush:

I have a frame and components that I need to build onto the frame, I need brake cables and derailleur cables. I have nothing at the moment, so I would assume this to be the cable and the housing I require? As per my links?

They only have blue in the Alligator and no stock of the Jagwire. BTW, is this for road or MTB? You don't need a sealed system for the road.

They only have blue in the Alligator and no stock of the Jagwire. BTW, is this for road or MTB? You don't need a sealed system for the road.

For MTB - sold out already damn, they had at the beginning of the week!

Haha! Now it's 3 each! You're really not winning here, Chubs.

If it's any use, I've got the Alligator system on my ride, and one of the ferrules broke clean in half in the derailleur seating. So I had to jimmy-rig an old one so that the cable could carry on operating properly...