HTC Highroad folds!

timM

Like some of the other posters I'm rather glad about the flop - not in terms of the effect on cycling but HTC was a one horse team that squashed a lot of sprinter's dreams and aspirations because they would happily dedicate 8 riders to Cav.

I'm looking forward to a more flat and open sprinting platform!

No doubt Cav has a fantastic 200m explosion but I don't think he'll do nearly as well when he isn't pampered to the line.

Can you tell I'm a hater? Yes - yes I am :D

Agreed, a bit like US postal a few years ago. :D

Edited by E1A104

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think worldwide sponsorship money is gonna dry up in the coming year's economic climate. If I were a professional sportsperson on the fringes I would get worried. Time to really perform if you want money.

Now I wonder if this 2012 end of world thing is not true! haha, just kidding. First economic meltdown, then nature follows.

Edited by Moridin

With team HTC gone, maybe there is an gap for a new SA team and with all the millions coming from nationalising of the mines...we can maybe have a wildcard team from the ANC youth league? Name change from HTC to ANC and even the colour scheme is almost there? :P

With team HTC gone, maybe there is an gap for a new SA team and with all the millions coming from nationalising of the mines...we can maybe have a wildcard team from the ANC youth league? Name change from HTC to ANC and even the colour scheme is almost there? :P

Bugger the nationalising thing. The JuJu Family Trust should sponsor a ProTour team.

Bugger the nationalising thing. The JuJu Family Trust should sponsor a ProTour team.

Imagine an all JuJu team. Before the tour starts all the bikes are stolen. Or they will go on strike and burn the cars because there are too many white imperialist bastards in the other teams.

In my opinion no one, but no one has ever gotton the sprint train down as good as the Fassa Bortolo team and Alessandro Petacchi - so I wont miss them.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

You are 25 years late, an ANC team rode the Tour in 1987.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/348123/anc-halfords-the-last-british-team-to-ride-the-tour-de-france.html

:)