Pretorius bikes

bontie

I want. That Kranspoort has the perfect geometry for me. Only other frame with the same Bianchi.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Just came across this while searching on google. Didnt know people in South Africa were aware of Pretorius Ti bikes.

Thanks for all comments.

Just currently designing and prototyping the new 2012 frame to the collection which is going to included a pressfit30 BB shell and a 1 1/4" headtube using a Chris King external headset made esp for us. Also got some branding guys helping us too so some exciting things happening. Keep on following us please on on website, Twitter or Facebook.

Cheers

Jean-Claude

now to go to the mountainbike road. Some very nice 120mm travel frames are coming out of the UK.

Consider names like Baviaanskloof, Swartberg, Gamkaberg, Rooiberg and Oteniqua for a mountain bike range. Include things like pannier mounts, and interchangeable dropouts, to give the frame a workhorse feel (like the on-one inbred).

now to go to the mountainbike road. Some very nice 120mm travel frames are coming out of the UK.

Consider names like Baviaanskloof, Swartberg, Gamkaberg, Rooiberg and Oteniqua for a mountain bike range. Include things like pannier mounts, and interchangeable dropouts, to give the frame a workhorse feel (like the on-one inbred).

:thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap:

New Pressfit30 Frame is probably going to be called Outeniqua, but undecided 100%. There are still many Lowveld climbs to use ;-) Kowyns is one high up on the list.

Not sure I'll do any thing down the MTB route for a few years. Am currently also working on a commuter with disc's and interchangable dropouts.

New Pressfit30 Frame is probably going to be called Outeniqua, but undecided 100%. There are still many Lowveld climbs to use ;-) Kowyns is one high up on the list.

Not sure I'll do any thing down the MTB route for a few years. Am currently also working on a commuter with disc's and interchangable dropouts.

gee wizz, really consider doing a mtb-commuter type of ride. THere are lots of long mtb rides/races that are on gravel road, and most of us use our mtbkes to commute with. If you do a commute in the road style, consider making the clearances wide enough to take a 29er 2.1 inch tyre, so that the bike can "offroad" on gravel as required.

gee wizz, really consider doing a mtb-commuter type of ride. THere are lots of long mtb rides/races that are on gravel road, and most of us use our mtbkes to commute with. If you do a commute in the road style, consider making the clearances wide enough to take a 29er 2.1 inch tyre, so that the bike can "offroad" on gravel as required.

There has been quite a lot of pressure on me to design and build a Titanium MTB/29er so its on the cards. feel free to send over idea's /numbers ;-)

Also a lot of demand (in the UK at least) for a Ti Cross bike with disc's now the UCI have allowed it. Just waiting for SRAM to come out with the hydraulic doubletap lever. Have done a few Canti lever cross bikes but nobody wants them anymore. ENVE composits now also have a cross fork with disc mounts which is great news.

I mean, we probably know each other.. PM me!

Trained with you for a while before you went to Germany, You , me(the old guy), Andries and " cant remember" now.

Edited by Cheese