ZTR Rims!!!

cwfourie

26" ZTR rims build with A2Z hubs, 6 bolt. DT Swiss spokes.

Witch rims would suit me best?

Between 70-80kg. 1.79m tall, and doing XC riding. :clap:

Want to use the wheels for racing and occasional training.

Choice between the Podium MMX (ZTR top of the range), ZTR Crest or Alpine.

Want a light, yet strong wheel-set.

Any comments on what to choose will be appreciated, also any tips and suggestions. I can get all 3 wheel-sets for 5k so money wont make a difference.

Thanks!

Edited by cwfourie

ZTR Crest on Hope 2 hubs, was my choice! I am 85kgs and 1.78cm.

Light and strong.

Edited by Chubba

You are a bit heavy for the Podium's, rider weight limit is 77kg. Get the Crest, also light but stronger. Podium's have a limited life span, not sure what the exact milage is, but they make me think of a disposable razor blade (or a condom). Awesome wheels if you are light and sponsored!

If i were you i would go for the crest, podium is just for racing, very light and not as strong.

I think the Hopes are heavier than the A2Z's?

Yup about the same mass 86 kg : Crest have done well on my Scalpel on marathons with some reasonably fast and bumpy downhill runs like Sabie.

Got Flow for my Prophet AM bike though, they are rated for that type of use by them.

See here

Edited by kosmonooit

+1 for Alpine, riding a set with DT swiss hubs and spokes since April 2010 and have never had a problem with them. Riding weight about 80 kg's and do both XCO and XCM type riding.

Have not used Crest so canna comment on them.

92kg.. Got a 355 with hope pro 2 on the rear and now got a crest with hope pro 2 evo at the front. Amazing wheels and can take quite the bash, just make sure your wheelbuilder has a good reputation. Speak with Ruan Deyzel from Spokeworks - he really knows his stuff and priced very competetive. My wheels are running true- like new since i got them a year ago.

Rather go for the hope pro 2 evo hubs

Hi, i have had a set of ZTR Crest rimms with Industry Nine Hubs for 10 months. Awsome combination ! I did tubeless conversions on them and they are bullet proof.

I am about 76 kg very happy with the Crest's should be right for you.

Build them up with DT revo spokes and your choice of hub will give you a nice set of wheels

I ride Hope Pro2 hubs. 355 on front and Flow on rear(bit heavy)but the 355 i had on the rear got bruised beyond true-ing I'm 80kg but my mates tell me I go downhill like a julius malema (whatever that means)so maybe thats why the rear wheel fagged out.....

Thanks, so judging on what I have read from the comments, I will be better of with ZTR Crest 26", combined with A2Z hubs and DT-swiss spokes.

Thanks, so judging on what I have read from the comments, I will be better of with ZTR Crest 26", combined with A2ZHope 2 Evo hubs and DT-swiss spokes.

If you use the DT Revo's you will save about 80g on the weight of your build compared to the normal DT comp spokes so you will be to afford to use brass nipples instead of aluminium :thumbup: