Cyclists can't have sons

Rydogg

One of my friends mentioned the other day that he would never start cycling, because he had a theory: A theory about how cyclists cannot have sons - only daughters. His logic was not sound, as it involved the squashing of certain "male producing bits", leaving only female producing ones behind. I obviously called him crazy and our friendship was frozen in time!

However... Since then, I have not been able to find a man, who has been cycling seriously for a considerable amount of time, who has successfully had a son of his own.

So, I was kind of hoping that some of you could dis-prove his theory, as my wife is now threatening (more than usual) to throw my bikes in front of a truck!

Please help.

Sincerely

Moderately concerned cyclist

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you also ride with a rabbit's tale in your pocket? I'll ask my son if he does....

cycled 7 days offroad in Namibia in July 2009, 350km in 40 degree heat, my wife gave birth to this 10 month later... do the maths :-)

post-15789-0-00415700-1312554839.jpg

Sorry Bud...

Cycling 3 years - One year old Daughter.

Epic Partner - While riding and training - First born = Daughter - quit cycling, 2nd born = Son

Brother - Cycling 3 years - 1.8year old Daughter

All others I know all daughters except ONE!

Same goes for Deep Sea Divers.

cycled 7 days offroad in Namibia in July 2009, 350km in 40 degree heat, my wife gave birth to this 10 month later... do the maths :-)

Yep. He's feelin' your pain fella, he's feelin' it! :thumbup: :D

Eddy Merckx - Tour de France winner - Son Axel - also road the Tour de France

Stephen Roche -Tour de France winner - son Nicolaas also rode the Tour de France

Francesco Moser - World champion has a son who was also a top international cyclist

Patrick Sercu - best 6 day rider ever and world champion s few times has a son as a cyclist.

SA Riders:

Tony Impy and his son Daryl [ Springbok ]

Hennie Wentzel with sons Rudolf [ Springbok ] and Conraad

Myself with son Chris [ also Springbok ]

Rodney Fowler with his son

Wayne Fheifer with a son [ Also a Springbok ]

Then we have many ex cyclists who have sons such as :

Andy Theron - former Springbok

Martin Stockitt - former Springbok

Herman Kroff

Jannie Brand

Jannie V den Berg - Rapport Tour winner and Springbok also has a son - former Springbok

Ag man - I can go on and on.

Edited by Chris Willemse

My two Sons are 33 and 30 respectively. We started cycling nine years ago but both my sons have sons. It sorts of disproves your theory does it not?

Bru, you just have too learn how to weld on pipes in stead of drilling holes! I have 2 sons (11 and 9) and one daughter (3).

Well my dad used to ride in the days of Oom Chris Willemse ;) , and he has me, my brother and two younger sisters..... notably, the two sisters conceived after stopping cycling.... myth BUSTED!