Adidas replacement parts

Cois

This morning I broke one of the arms of my glasses. A set of Adidas Evil eyes.

Is it possible to get replacement parts for them? And where can I find parts for if...

It is in actual fact only the one hinge that broke so I just need to replace it...

when i had a problem with my Adidas shades, i was told that "eye Q" are the official Adidas reps. so they should be able to sort you out.

As the glasses age I think the plastic gets brittle, mine is about 4 years old now and I seem to break them regularly.

JUST don't think any Optomotrist will sort you out, they wont, not all of them deal with Moscon.

In my opinion Moscon must be one of the most disorganised, useless, half baked distributors in the country, every time I try and get a hinge I spend half a day driving around to find shops that deal with them, its likely the last one you used no longer supports Moscon, or at least that's my impression, anyway, when you do find one, they will probably have no interest in getting you the part, its a hassle for them, that's if they even know what it is, likely they wont and tell you its not available or try and sell you a full arm around (700 bucks), don't buy it, insist on just the hinge.

Moscon will then send the wrong one, Guaranteed.

Get ready to send it back and wait another week to maybe get the right part.

Buy a cheap pair of sunnies on the road somewhere to use in the mean time, its going to be a while.

Or TRY these steps - I in no way guarantee the outcome though.

What I do is first remove the old hinge, its very easy, make sure you have the correct model number of your Evil Eyes, differant models use differant hinges, put the old hinge in your car and drive around for three days looking for an Addidas dealer, don't bother phoning Moscon, all you will get is a lot of Ummm's, Eeeeh's, Hmmm's and they will shunt you around from pillar to post, eventually someone will tell you ANY Optomotrist will help - as I have said, they wont.

When you find a participating dealer who is either bored or unusually helpful, likely they will want your money up front, get ready for that, now hand them the broken hinge and the relevant model details etc make sure they know which side arm it is - tell them to send the broken hinge to Moscon to match up, they probably wont, and even if they do its no guarantee Moscon still wont send the wrong hinge, but, it at least minimizes the chances.

Wait a week and hope it arrives. It will probably be wrong so don't get your hopes up.

Get used to those cheap sunnies you bought on the road. Consider a second pair.

Make a visit to Dischem for some cheap stress medication.

Good luck, I bought 2 last time (for each side) its just too painful and irritating to go through regularly.

By the way, the hinge costs roughly 60 bucks, but Moscon only sends via Speed services to the dealer, so add another 60-80 bucks postage, so the hinge will cost you approx. 120-150 Bucks, split the postage costs by buying a spare for both sides.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

GoG, think Moscon is bad... Try deal with Luxotica (somewhere around that name) agents for Carrera. Worse than useless, even Carrera directly are a waste of time.

Had an enquiry to replace a set of lenses for pair riding glasses, absolutely no interest in helping me. Even more disinterest when it was mentioned that the glasses were an oldish model.

So I decided stuff them, burned the shades in the braai.

GoG, think Moscon is bad... Try deal with Luxotica (somewhere around that name) agents for Carrera. Worse than useless, even Carrera directly are a waste of time.

Had an enquiry to replace a set of lenses for pair riding glasses, absolutely no interest in helping me. Even more disinterest when it was mentioned that the glasses were an oldish model.

So I decided stuff them, burned the shades in the braai.

Yeah, never dealt with them but Moscon is positively "heart attack" material.

Just bought a pair of Alpina shades for 40 Euro. It includes 3 sets of lenses. Clear, dark and orange!

post-7694-0-29900300-1312643718.jpg

Edited by MJ the mountainbiker

Just bought a pair of Alpina shades for 40 Euro. It includes 3 sets of lenses. Clear, dark and orange!

Those actually look bloody nice :thumbup:

Eye q will sort you out. It's a little plastic hinge about 5 mm long, 100 bucks and 10 minutes.

(possibly the most expensive piece of plastic in the world by weight, but well cheaper than new sunnies)

Eye q will sort you out. It's a little plastic hinge about 5 mm long, 100 bucks and 10 minutes.

(possibly the most expensive piece of plastic in the world by weight, but well cheaper than new sunnies)

Eye Q as far as I know is a Cape Based operation, there are no Eye Q branches up in the greater Gauteng area or anywhere else for that matter, .......or I have never seen any anyway.?

I agree on the cost though, but a 100 bucks is relatively cheap, I have never found a JHB dealer who will sell it for less than 120.00 most are about 150.00

Those actually look bloody nice :thumbup:

They are lighter than my Jawbones. They work awsome when I was running with them. R400, 3 sets of lenses...****, that is hard to beat!

And you don't get it back home...

The lenses are:

> Breakresistant

> 100% UV-A-,-B-,-C-protection up to 400 nm

> Frontside mirrored

> Inside hardcoated

> Infrared absorbtion

Edited by MJ the mountainbiker