Tomac MTB's?

Robbow

Yesterday at the Illovo Eston Race they had a stand up, with some bikes on show.

VERY nice and awesome prices!

Does anyone know anything about them, quality, issues etc?

There is a 120mm Carbon trail bike with FOX, Easton bits and full XT for R29K.

I am super keen but thought I would ask first.

I remember they used to be in SA.

Mate if mine had one, apparently he was the last one in the country to crack his frame. All the other SA Tomac HT riders cracked their frames.

This is the Supermatic 1 which is XTR level, with carbon bits and is +-R37k, I am keen for the Supermatic 2, same frame, Fox shocks, Easton wheels and pieces with XT parts, for +-R29k.

Obviously dont want to get it if its just gonna break, but seems really well finished and feels noticeably lighter than my Merida 120 800.

post-25449-0-23656000-1312810545.jpg

I've seen a few oldies around - and they're mighty fine to look at... I've had no experience of them however, firsthand or other, so cannot really comment on quality issues etc...

John Tomac is a legend though. So don't think he'd easily have something that's rubbish carry his name? At least, that's what I'd like to think... thumbup1.gif

There have been a couple of wright ups on the Tomac brand making a comeback. They started making roads again about 2 years ago and the suspension system being used is compliments of a DW link (Think Ibis)

Do a search on http://www.bikeradar.com/ and you should find some info there.

If you have the cash for one then I do believe it is a good and solid bike!

H

There have been a couple of wright ups on the Tomac brand making a comeback. They started making roads again about 2 years ago and the suspension system being used is compliments of a DW link (Think Ibis)

Do a search on http://www.bikeradar.com/ and you should find some info there.

If you have the cash for one then I do believe it is a good and solid bike!

H

DW link is property of Dave Weagle and the following brands use it:

Iron Horse

Independant Fabrication

Pivot

Ibis

Turner

As far as I know the suspension technology Tomac use is IAS which is Instant Active Suspension.

Tomacs do look like fine bikes.

Aren't Two Wheels Trading the agents? One of the guys who sometimes rides with us arrived on a Carbide XC two weeks ago, awesome bike, great finish..

Aren't Two Wheels Trading the agents? One of the guys who sometimes rides with us arrived on a Carbide XC two weeks ago, awesome bike, great finish..

Used to be, another guy based in Natal now.

Used to be, another guy based in Natal now.

The same guys who now do Ellsworth and Catlike?

The same guys who now do Ellsworth and Catlike?

No I don't think so, that's Wsquared/Motion Cycling. Who also do Cube and BMC as well as Ellsworth and Catlike.

• 1 month later...

No I don't think so, that's Wsquared/Motion Cycling. Who also do Cube and BMC as well as Ellsworth and Catlike.

Have got a TOMAC Diplomat 29er (full suss) and a Carbide 26" (full suss, 10kg) on the shop floor for demo. Both look like awesome bikes are are very well specced at price point. Pop in anytime and have a look...Adrenaline Cycles, Howick, KZN

Edited by Griffin