Storms River Traverse feedback

The wife and I completed the "Traverse" in the most horrid of conditions,that is ,mud,slush,driving rain and freezing cold.Many times we rode through sections where our BB was under water.I fell 3 times each day,fortunately not breaking anything other than serious bruises etc.

WE believe that 155 sets of brake pads were changed by the tech team on Friday night and another 55 bikes could not be done due to no parts!It cost me R800 to get new rear brakes pads,straighten the piston,bleed them etc and a new rear rotor.I have to now take the bikes in for a strip and rebuild as everything is not working too well.Mountain biking does not come cheap.

A HUGE plus/thank you to Dryland who organized everything under very difficult conditions.The accomodation and food was also brilliant as were the photographers (a "coffee table" book is to be published soon).

Something like 130 teams entered the race but around 89 started stage 1 and by stage 3 probably only 65 or so.

I have never done something so difficult but felt a great sense of pride at the end of Stage 3-thank goodness for my IRONLADY partner.

We will be back in 2012 with hopefully much better weather.This years entrants will get first choice for the 2012 event but grab your spot thereafter as entries will be limited.

Fantastic event. Loved every minute. Wishing I was out there pedalling at SRT now. Can't wait for next year. Will post some feedback soon. Yay Dryland - you hit the mark!