Waterberg Game Festival - 24 September 2011

kosmonooit

from their web site:

"The Waterberg is best known for its beautiful landscape of scenic mountains, valleys and rivers. The wildlife in the area includes the big 5, and Vaalwater district boasts awesome lodges and accommodation for the visitor.

It is with pleasure that the "Waterberg Game Festival" presents the first annual Waterberg Mountain Bike Challenge . The challenging 80km route will be for the fit and experienced, whilst the easier 40km route affords novices and young riders the opportunity to combine their love of the sport and the great outdoors in an adventurous but fun ride.

Vaalwater lies nestled in the spectacular Waterberg range approximately 2 hours drive from Gauteng. The Waterberg Mountain Bike Challenge takes place within a game reserve, and the scenic routes will allow you a glimpse of Africa's wildlife in their natural habitat. The race takes you through hilly mountaintops, ravines, rocky down hills and spectacular single tracks."

The race route will be available soon here on the website. We will also have affordable camping accommodation available. More info will be announced here on the website.

The Mountain Bike Challenge:

DATE: 24 September 2011

START: Kamonande - 80 km @ 08h00

40 km @ 08h30

23 September 18h00 - 20h00 @ Waterberg Academy

24 September from 07h00 @ Start Venue (Kamonande)

ENTRY FEES: 80km - R 120 & 40km - R 80 (please use your ID number as your reference on your deposit slip)

Temporary accommodation available for R 50 per person per night.

Site is same kinda district as Lion Man and Legends Gorge - lekka bushveld, and a nice time of the year to get out htere, about two hours+ drive from Jhb, anyone know more about this?

• 1 year later...

from their web site:

"The Waterberg is best known for its beautiful landscape of scenic mountains, valleys and rivers. The wildlife in the area includes the big 5, and Vaalwater district boasts awesome lodges and accommodation for the visitor.

It is with pleasure that the "Waterberg Game Festival" presents the first annual Waterberg Mountain Bike Challenge . The challenging 80km route will be for the fit and experienced, whilst the easier 40km route affords novices and young riders the opportunity to combine their love of the sport and the great outdoors in an adventurous but fun ride.

Vaalwater lies nestled in the spectacular Waterberg range approximately 2 hours drive from Gauteng. The Waterberg Mountain Bike Challenge takes place within a game reserve, and the scenic routes will allow you a glimpse of Africa's wildlife in their natural habitat. The race takes you through hilly mountaintops, ravines, rocky down hills and spectacular single tracks."

The race route will be available soon here on the website. We will also have affordable camping accommodation available. More info will be announced here on the website.

The Mountain Bike Challenge:

DATE: 24 September 2011

START: Kamonande - 80 km @ 08h00

40 km @ 08h30

23 September 18h00 - 20h00 @ Waterberg Academy

24 September from 07h00 @ Start Venue (Kamonande)

ENTRY FEES: 80km - R 120 & 40km - R 80 (please use your ID number as your reference on your deposit slip)

Temporary accommodation available for R 50 per person per night.

Site is same kinda district as Lion Man and Legends Gorge - lekka bushveld, and a nice time of the year to get out htere, about two hours+ drive from Jhb, anyone know more about this?

I know the area quite well, but thats were it ends for me.