Who are the agents for Giro?

King_Crispy

Well ,there we were. At Teak Place for our last ride. Everything went great (apart from the burger arriving 55 mins after we ordered it).

Was really enjoying the green route (Heineken) when my son asked me to go to the BMX track with him. So I went...

That was a big mistake. There were heaps of kids having a good time, but no-one were clearing the jumps. Some kid asks me if I can...

Silly Stupid. So I get the bike into the proper gear, eye them out and bolt. I cleared the first set, then came the second..

Well, I cleared it, but the landing was BAD. Needless to say I never broke my carbon handle-bars (although my ankle feels pretty buggered now) and I have a roastie second to none. What I did notice when I got back and took my helmet off was that it was broken. I fell donderse hard and saw lots of stars

Someone told me when I got another pain-killer (Heineken) that the agents usually swop out broken helmets under warranty. Anyone know if this is the case?

He also said that it was a brilliant and entertaining crash, and his kids came running to say they just saw a man crashing his brains out!

They have a crash replacement policy. You'll have to pay 30% of original purchase price for a new lid and will have to do it through your LBS or shop it was purchased from.

For what its worth:

Omnico

(021) 691 0110

Sounds eina, as far as I know Omnico are the agents for Giro, best bet it to take the helmet back to your LBS and let them arrange the replacement.

Sounds eina, as far as I know Omnico are the agents for Giro, best bet it to take the helmet back to your LBS and let them arrange the replacement.

Thanks for the input guys.

Wasn't so sore then, but damn, feeling second hand now. Neck has got stiff too

They have a crash replacement policy. You'll have to pay 30% of original purchase price for a new lid and will have to do it through your LBS or shop it was purchased from.

For what its worth:

Omnico

(021) 691 0110

I thought the terms of the crash replacement have changed. I believe it's now a 30% discount off the purchase price. I may be wrong. :unsure:

Well ,there we were. At Teak Place for our last ride. Everything went great (apart from the burger arriving 55 mins after we ordered it).

Was really enjoying the green route (Heineken) when my son asked me to go to the BMX track with him. So I went...

That was a big mistake. There were heaps of kids having a good time, but no-one were clearing the jumps. Some kid asks me if I can...

Silly Stupid. So I get the bike into the proper gear, eye them out and bolt. I cleared the first set, then came the second..

Well, I cleared it, but the landing was BAD. Needless to say I never broke my carbon handle-bars (although my ankle feels pretty buggered now) and I have a roastie second to none. What I did notice when I got back and took my helmet off was that it was broken. I fell donderse hard and saw lots of stars

Someone told me when I got another pain-killer (Heineken) that the agents usually swop out broken helmets under warranty. Anyone know if this is the case?

He also said that it was a brilliant and entertaining crash, and his kids came running to say they just saw a man crashing his brains out!

1. Like it was said, it's not a straight replacement guarantee. It's a discount on a replacement unit.

2. It needs to be less then 3 years old

3. You will have to have a receipt from where you bought it.

I thought the terms of the crash replacement have changed. I believe it's now a 30% discount off the purchase price. I may be wrong. :unsure:

I don't know if it changed or when but I only payed 30% of the new price. Nevermind that that price increased 40% since I bought it.

I don't know if it changed or when but I only payed 30% of the new price. Nevermind that that price increased 40% since I bought it.

Will try confirm it. I know of someone who got that too when they claimed recently. Maybe it's a new thing?

Damn, I got it about 3 years ago, but I'll be damned if I know where the receipt is.

Had the same issue when I swopped out my Kona frame under warranty, had no idea where the receipt was. The shop however still did the swop without the receipt.