Cyclocross tyres on 29er wheels…

Tumbleweed

I'm starting to commute again - want to save on gas, and don't want to pay tolls - and I thought my 29er would be the weapong of choice. I have managed to get some Conti Cyclocross tyres and thought I'd run these with a tubeless conversion. Anyone done it? ?

What lights you use?

A Blackburn, that seems to have gone off catalogue this year, on the front. Knog Bullfrog (I think) on the rear.

Edited by Tumbleweed
It's a Bullfrog, not a Toad.

Almost anything that fits on a 700c rim will fit a 29er rim. and yes almost anything can be made tubeless, it is only the very high pressures ( above 6bar) which requires some special prep of the tubeless valve ( extra seals and stronger nut and a washer in order to tighten it enough)DO IT!!

Enjoy the commute, it is MUCH safer than people generally believe.

Almost anything that fits on a 700c rim will fit a 29er rim. and yes almost anything can be made tubeless, it is only the very high pressures ( above 6bar) which requires some special prep of the tubeless valve ( extra seals and stronger nut and a washer in order to tighten it enough)DO IT!!

Enjoy the commute, it is MUCH safer than people generally believe.

Thanks for the tip about the valve! There's already a conversion on the wheels - BatSeal on the standard Giant rims - will beef it up.

I used to commute to work nearly every day. The morning commute is cool because I have to be at work at 4, so the roads are quiet. I thought the Cyclocross tyres would come in handy so hitting some trails on the way home in the arfie when there's a bit more traffic.