Cyclocross tyres for roadie

The OriginalSpartacus

there is a MTB race coming up which has been termed as a gravel road race with some tar in it and I am keen to race it on my road bike as there isn't much technical stuff.

Does anyone have any experience with Cyclo Cross tyres?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

You might battle to get the wider rubber to fit between your chainstays right behind the bb shell.

post-21-0-37714700-1312965235.jpg

I would still appreciate any input on the posted question as my 35mm tyres does fit my cyclocross. I did my first mtb race on my cx bike yesterday and would like to know when and where I can go again.

Which race are you referring to? In my experience, even the smoothest of MTB races can cause pinch flats of 35c tyres, unless you're ultra careful (or slow). Conti makes a 42c CX tyre that's more suited to MTB-type riding.

We all know the MTBikers all want to be just like the roadies but this is getting ridiculous!

What is your point?

If you dont have anything to add to the question posted then maybe rather dont say anything at all.

Which race are you referring to? In my experience, even the smoothest of MTB races can cause pinch flats of 35c tyres, unless you're ultra careful (or slow). Conti makes a 42c CX tyre that's more suited to MTB-type riding.

Those are the ones I'm putting on my 29er to commute.

What is your point?

If you dont have anything to add to the question posted then maybe rather dont say anything at all.

My point, choose a freeking bike and discipline and stick to it!

:lol: No really that was not actually my point, just having a go at the mtbiker wannabee roadies ... and now roadies wannabee mtbikers ... its all a bit confusing!

We all know the MTBikers all want to be just like the roadies but this is getting ridiculous!

Its all because 29ers are making male MTB riders more "metrosexual" ;) Its a slippery slope... first it was 29" wheels, now its CX bikes at MTB races... the next slip is too offensive for a public forum!

if someone can win a MTB race on a Cyclo X bike with no suspension and much thinner tyres how does that make the MTBers look? a bicyclist is a bicyclist!! who cares what the preferred geometry or terrain is... all I care about is if one can complete a race and get away with using a 'faster' bike because it's not too technical, then go ahead. the race in question is aimed at trying to grow Cyclo X in the country but the roadies are too scared of getting their bikes dirty so it is becoming a MTB focused race. you can't call yourself a cyclist if you only attempt one of the disciplines your entire life, my 2 cents *gets out the popcorn*

bla bla bla...

you can't call yourself a cyclist if you only attempt one of the disciplines your entire life...

so which is it you are attempting, Road or Mtb?

There are many more disciplines to cycling than the two you are trying to combine, try them all, then call yourself a cyclist ;)

so which is it you are attempting, Road or Mtb?

There are many more disciplines to cycling than the two you are trying to combine, try them all, then call yourself a cyclist ;)

Well then lend me your MTB and CX bike and then I can say I have.... :lol: :lol: :lol: