5 stage race

Shane Bob

would anyone do a 5 stage race in EL? and come down here for it and pay R180 per team and R130 per person entry? and get a shirt and other goodies?

im thinking of planing a 5 stage race which will consist of a:road/trail run

mtb

road cycle

swim

paddle

and distances would be similar to a olimpic tri,maybe a lil further?

Have you organized any events previously?

I suggest go and have a chat to you local club or LBS that has experience in organizing an event, there is a hell of a lot more that goes into it and you might be in for a couple of surprises.

With so many different disciplines there are so much more that needs to be organized. Finding marshal's to assist at every intersection, change over area, logistics of where change over areas will be, medics, traffic marshal's, permission from land owners, to name a few.

Get all of that stuff done, through in a T-shirt and R130 is not going to get you far. Unless you have like 1000 people participating, which isnt going to happen in the first year or without big sponsors backing you up.

Entry fees for the Totalsports Challenge in Gordonsbay were R3000 per team and that was for 7 disciplines.

Entry fees for the Totalsports Challenge in Gordonsbay were R3000 per team and that was for 7 disciplines.

my plan is to make money for young athletes to get over seas who cant afford it,so im not making this to gain cash for myself,just to put it out there. could you please inbox me more tips please! would really like that

how long has that race been going for? and how many entries did it have?

if you don't know Totalsports challenge, i reckon your due diligence in this regard still has a path to follow. good luck!

my plan is to make money for young athletes to get over seas who cant afford it,so im not making this to gain cash for myself,just to put it out there. could you please inbox me more tips please! would really like that

It is a very novel idea, I have also been toying with the idea of organizing a stage race ... a bit different than the usual but then I started talking to guys that have organized events before, guys that have built up these ideas and realized that if I dont get a sponsor with around R300 000 to back me, it will remain just a dream.

Even taking it down a notch, just to cover all the expenses and break even seems somewhat impossible without a sponsor.

Establishing an event that becomes profitable takes years. Take a race like Die Burger here in WC. From what I have heard it took around 7 years before they started turning a profit (dont quote me on that, hearsay!)

Years and years and they have loads of entries every year.