[Event] ABL Bloem To Durban Cycle Outreach

nelis

Event Name: ABL Bloem To Durban Cycle Outreach
When: 21 August 2011 - 28 August 2011
Where: Bloemfontein to Durban, Freestate
Category: MTB

This year Abundant Life youth ministries in collaboration with the Vuka initiative will be cycling from Bloemfontein to Durban, in an outreach mission to spread the Gospel and serve our communities.

Abundant Life is a youth ministry that was founded in 1994 by Heino Torlage, pastor of the Dundee church, after he realised a need in the country among the young people, a need to have an intimate relationship with Jesus.

The mission of Abundant Life is to equip young people to take the gospel to the world, to make new disciples and to evangelize to anyone, anywhere and anytime, in the most creative way. This happens while the group is on tour, hosting training camps and on outreach missions such as the August cycle tour.

Last year and the year before the Abundant Life group did a cycle tour through South Africa and spent a day reaching out in every community we stayed in.

We cleaned, repainted and planted veggie gardens at some of the orphanages, at some we played with children and presented puppet shows. Other community projects had us making bricks, presenting programs at primary and high schools, reaching out to the elderly and underprivileged etc. At night we performed a drama piece for the community, either at a school hall or church hall, this program revolves around the great controversy between Christ and Satan, making it more clear, the battle between good and evil in our everyday lives.

A new ministry namely, The Vuka initiative, was established recently and contacted Abundant Life to assist in their very first cycle outreach mission. The Vuka team consist of a few young and dynamic spirit filled businessmen and pastors form the Durban area, who also realised the same need under the black community. They realised that the youth are being lost to this world and decided to start evangelizing amongst them, hosting sporting events and youth rallies.

This year in the last two weeks of August, the two ministries will join hands to reach out and spread the love of Christ as we cycle over 800km across OFS and KZN from Bloemfontein(21) stopping at Winburg(21), Bethlehem(22), Clarens(23), Harrismith(24), Mooi River(25), Pietermaritzburg(26-27) and Durban(28-29) to do outreach again.

Abundant Life is a non-profit organization and has been running solely on sponsorships and donations since 1994.

Cash Donations can be made to:

ABSA

Homecoming Events

Or anything else is welcome, paint donations, clothing donations, food donations, whatever we can give to the communities we visit.

Please feel free to visit our website for more info and photos of the previous tours. www.abundantlifecycle.co.za

Still being updated…

Kind regards

Nelis Theron

Abundant Life

079 087 8650

nelisabundantlife@gmail.com

Go to Event Page

Damn,would have loved to join,next time post it earlier.Won't be able to get my things in order before that.But good luck!

Always welcome to join for a day. :) @ R160

Posted this to see interest in event, would like to have a big one next year.

2012 Route and outreach planned already, 3600+Km full month of August Messina to Cape point.

Website will be updated this weekend, and blogs and photos of daily cycling and outreach will be posted for length of tour.