Info on new MTB

jhs

Hi

I want to buy my first MTB but not sure what to get....I don't want to spend more than R7000.00

I had a look at the Silverback Phoenix which goes for R6000.00.

How does the Silverback compare to other MTB's....is there something else in the market that is better value for money?

thanks,

JHS

When it comes to enrty level bikes you really get what you pay for so IMO if you have 7k to spend on a bike, buy a 7k bike.

Try and compare components of the bikes you are considering.

Something you might want to consider, there is a Scott Scale 70 in the classifieds.

I wouldnt worry too much about your 1st bike. Regardless of what u buy now, after 3-4 mnths of riding u gonna b itching to change/upgrade it anyway :P

I wouldnt worry too much about your 1st bike. Regardless of what u buy now, after 3-4 mnths of riding u gonna b itching to change/upgrade it anyway :P

Either that, or decide it's not for you, and you want to take up tiddlywinks instead.

That's why I say go secondhand, and move from their when you know what works, and what style you want.

Well, for R8000 you can get my bike.

BeOne frame (19")

Fox RLC fork

Full XT (new chain, cassette and middle ring)

Choice of Look Quarts or XT pedals (with cleats)

post-21-0-57619200-1313053323.jpg

Changes from pic.

Maxxis Aspen tires

No computer

Lizard skin grips

Only wear and tear visible is a bit of topcoat of that one fork sticker was removed when it lifted. Will supply a new set of decals.

Good advise thanks....will for sure browse the 2nd hand market.

....and after more than a year and a second bike .... and she's still changing it :P