Kinetic Full Moon Adventure

KnobbyMech

Yip, I'm there. Hoping for warm weather. At least the paddle appears to be in the day...

My buddy is currently in Middelburg. Says it's freezing. WeatherSA has Sat as 10-28 and Sunday as 13-19 for Nelspruit, but I think we are much higher than Nelspruit so COLDER.

I am in an all male team - Ratels. Staying over at Bambi. Hope we meet.

I have only done the short adventure races. How much abseiling is involved in these longers ones cause I am looking to do the one in October?

I have only done the short adventure races. How much abseiling is involved in these longers ones cause I am looking to do the one in October?

Usually only one abseil per event, about 15-25m. They supply all equipment for this. Don't miss the October event, it will change your world!

I am getting nervous now. 30km trail run this year with a single canoe leg of 12km...and rain is expected Sunday at a max of 7 deg by 11am. Brrrr. Also looks like a cloudy night, so no full moon :( Let the adventure begin.

How did people find the race? That first 30km ride was the longest 30km of my life. And the second one was a hectic descent in the dark. I witnessed three unplanned dismounts, fortunately none resulting in bad injuries.

My team spent 6 hours on the last leg - lost in fog on the top of the mountain!

Great fun in retrospect - but v. tired today!

Great race. Hard but do'able.

The escarpment did make the riding interesting - both up and down. The down was fun if you had enough light

How did people find the race? That first 30km ride was the longest 30km of my life. And the second one was a hectic descent in the dark. I witnessed three unplanned dismounts, fortunately none resulting in bad injuries.

My team spent 6 hours on the last leg - lost in fog on the top of the mountain!

Great fun in retrospect - but v. tired today!

All 4 members of our team came off badly at that descent. I broke my wrist and my friend tore his glute muscles. We completed the event, but only 13 hours after the dismounts!

The last leg took us 8 hours (2 hours more than the 1st 60km)

Great fun though!