TREAD SKILLS CLINICS, PRESENTED BY MIWAY, SET FOR KZN DEBUT AT HOLLA TRAILS

Matt

TREAD SKILLS CLINICS, PRESENTED BY MIWAY, SET FOR KZN DEBUT AT HOLLA TRAILS

Press Release - 11 August 2011

The first KwaZulu-Natal TREAD Skills Clinics, presented by MiWay MTB, will take place at Holla Trails, Ballito on the weekend of 3 and 4 September 2011.

TREAD Skills Clinics, presented by MiWay MTB are structured to enable owners of mountain bikes to develop their skills over the various obstacles encountered in mountain biking.They’re not just for beginners though, offering intermediate and even experienced mountain bikers the opportunity to improve too.

Besides empowering mountain bikers to ride with better control, which means less physical injuries, the partnership between TREAD and MiWay MTB is also aimed at lowering the incidence of bicycle-related damage by reducing the incidence of falls.

“After seven years of success in the Gauteng region, we’re excited to be able to expand our very successful skills teaching formula nationally with the backing of MiWay,” said Sean Badenhorst, editor of TREAD magazine and a Skills Clinic chief instructor.

“Holla Trails offers the ideal venue for both our Skills Clinics and the more introductory Confidence Clinics, both of which will be held over that first weekend in September. HollaTrails is a 30-minute drive from Durban, but the knowledge gained will be wellworth the time investment. We’ve had plenty of requests from KwaZulu-Natal for clinics and will add an extra clinic over the same weekend if necessary,” added Badenhorst.

A TREAD Ladies Trail andTea, presented by MiWay MTB will also be held on Friday, 2 September. This ride (no charge to participate) is aimed at encouraging women’s participation in mountain biking and is open to all skill and fitness levels, followed by complimentary drinks, eats and gift.

Itinerary:

Friday 2 September: Ladies Trail and Tea

Saturday 3 September: 101 Skills Clinic (08h00-12h00)

Saturday 3 September: Confidence Clinic (14h00-16h00)

Note: Numbers are limited to a maximum of 16 per clinic. If numbers demand, additional clinics will be added over the same weekend.

For booking and information on the Skills Clinics, visit www.treadmag.co.za and click on TREADSKILLS. For booking and information on the Ladies Trail and Tea events, email joanne@treadmag.co.za

treadskills.jpg