Is there a weight limit

RoboLuke

on carbon MTB frames?

Im just over 90 kg. Any other dik oaks riding carbon frames which have not cracked as yet?

Which frame? The manufacturer should list the weight limit. And a light guy could just as easily crack a frame with a bad crash or landing as a heavy guy.

F*&k me! You okes is like two of me. Nevermind carbon frames, aren't you too heavy for most cars?

F*&k me! You okes is like two of me. Nevermind carbon frames, aren't you too heavy for most cars?

You weigh 45kg, I always thought you were a girl :P

You weigh 45kg, I always thought you were a girl :P

closer to the 105kg dude... But I've been called worse than a girl in my time.

likes this comment :clap:

Did I go to varsity with you? Dude there hit on me, and his reason was cause I reminded him of a girl. FFS! You gays are weird.

Not "were a girl", more "like a girl"

Was, is, am, like, it's all the same to me. If the girl fits, wear it.

speaking of weight, whats the lightest aluminium frame ? How close does it come to carbon in terms of weight ?

Guest agteros

[CAPITAL]e[lowercase]asier to digest is to drop some body weight, than to buy a Tupper bike and worry about dropping the frame[FULLSTOP]

speaking of weight, whats the lightest aluminium frame ? How close does it come to carbon in terms of weight ?

Cannondale CAAD10 52cm frame only(no fork) 1,230g

Scott addict size small frame only (no fork) 790 grams

• 2 weeks later...

on carbon MTB frames?

Im just over 90 kg. Any other dik oaks riding carbon frames which have not cracked as yet?

I'm 105kg and I ride an Ibis Mojo (std, not SLR). I ride it hard and although I'm careful on my landings, I'm very confident to cross up over jumps. It also depends on what type of riding you're going to do.

But with today's technology and understanding of carbon fibre, I don't think you have too much to be concerned about. I used to fly RC helis, and I'd imagine the stresses that I put on the frames and blades (both were cf) far exceeded what I can do relatively to an mtb frame.

I was also sceptical of cf frames, but having seen what the material is capable of in other fields, I'm not concerned. Just investigate the manufacturer's warranty before buying.

Dean