Orbit Tour d' Worcester

firewolf

PPA webite calender shows this event planned for Sep 11th 2011. Man I hope so - It will be my only race until November (flying to India for 25 days in Oct.)

Will miss all of the big races in October month. <_<

But will sure loose weight if I pick up a case of Delhi Belly!!! :thumbup:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im also looking forward to this one. Its the 1st road race of the spring season and always fast and furious

I enjoy that off road section. And the weather can still be pretty cold. 2 years back there was still snow on the mountains.

Have league entries opened yet?

Off course not! They have not even decided which races would be league races. Apparently entries open some time next week.

PPA webite calender shows this event planned for Sep 11th 2011. Man I hope so - It will be my only race until November (flying to India for 25 days in Oct.)

I was in India over Dec/Jan for 21 days - no issues with Delhi Belly or theft :thumbup: but you have to be cautious with food, water and luggage :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I haven't tried yet..... try the PPA website - should have a link there :unsure:

Edit: message to OP - It's Worcester - Although I agree, the pace is quite woes seeing that it is a flattish race.

Yeah Firewolf, love the dirt section. Pulled away from my group on it coz they were all too scared to ride it hard :thumbup:

p.s. Just mailed the event organiser.

Edited by Tiny K

Firewolf, just take waterless hand cleanser with and buy only bottled water from shops - price varies between 12 and 15 rupees for a 1.5lt bottle of water (which is R4 to R5 in ZAR terms depending on the current interest rate).

I had no issues whilst there, and what was more awesome is that I ate like a pig and didn't put on any weight just merely because the food is more veg based vs meat based in SA.

Oh ja, go veg for most meals unless you know where the meat came from.... I heard a few stories whilst I was there and was glad we stuck to veg option.

Tip: have a teaspoon of yoghurt when you arrive. This will acclimatise your stomach to the cultures in milk products. Then you are good to go :thumbup:

p.s. Just mailed the event organiser.

Hey Kris,

You mean Hanno? I don't think the guy exists. I've emaild him a few times already...

Hey Kris,

You mean Hanno? I don't think the guy exists. I've emaild him a few times already...

Have you tried calling...... will try tomorrow if no reply overnight :thumbup:

Yeah Firewolf, love the dirt section.

I've heard about this section. how long is this section and how is it to ride it?

So much to look forward to! Remember to dine at plenty of roadside curry vendors.

It's short and it's easy to ride, we ride worse tar roads.

Yup, like the last 20km of this race! That road sucks, there were sections of the median line cut out last year. One guys wheel got stuck, went down and almost bought a whole lot of us down with him :thumbdown: