No race number

Pieter1

I went to go get my race pack today for the Randfontein EPR and got no number, they said I should buy a timing chip... Is this normall? I enterd for the 60km mtb race.

U can get yourself a racetec chip at the venue. U then keep that chip as that number will be allocated to u for all racetec timed events.

To get timing that's recorded and appears in results you need a chip, however you should at least have got a number irrespective of whether you have a chip or not. At the start line whats to differentiate you from someone who has not entered but just pitched up to ride.

I didn't get a number either ..... Just told to put on my chip and go race :unsure:

Which shoulder?

To get timing that's recorded and appears in results you need a chip, however you should at least have got a number irrespective of whether you have a chip or not. At the start line whats to differentiate you from someone who has not entered but just pitched up to ride.

Exactly. Is this how it is at most events? Hows your new bike?

U can get yourself a racetec chip at the venue. U then keep that chip as that number will be allocated to u for all racetec timed events.

Might just do that.

Exactly. Is this how it is at most events? Hows your new bike?

From what it appears it looks to be a big bang start, could prove frustrating interesting.

Bike is stunning, rides like a dream although i still need to take it for a serious off road test.

that's just silly. if there is no number to be collected, why should I take off 1hr + from work, battle through traffic to the reg place, only to be told to wear your timing chip? This jewel of info could've been included in the bulk sms they sent out on wednesday :blink:

that's just silly. if there is no number to be collected, why should I take off 1hr + from work, battle through traffic to the reg place, only to be told to wear your timing chip? This jewel of info could've been included in the bulk sms they sent out on wednesday :blink:

Lets ask Mr. Crasher about his experience :lol:

Dont get me started :cursing:

I really had a sense of humour failure :cursing:

I dont do road so dont have a racetech chip :cursing:

Tell me upfront before I enter that you are not giving me a number and I will not be given a time or a result unless I buy a race tech chip which I will never use again so I dont waste my time and money.

Would of not bothered to enter and would of not driven to fetch my number which never existed this was a cock up of note.

Did this race the last 2 years and supported and encouraged others to participate so this really pissed me off :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Good thing I didn't bother to go through then. Thought I'd get my 'number' on race day (the least that organisers can do in tough times to those who support their events)

I would've insisted on a loan chip.free of charge of course. ;)

Like Scotty said earlier, it opens the gate for pirate riders.

It's like the organisers stole an hour from your life at non-registration...

One of the best in Gauteng??????

Na, while it was a great ride/race....I believe this is used as a form finder by most and to do some mileage...

Races I've done that I reckon are better...Telkom Classic, 94.7, Fast One