Bains mtb Trails - Wellington.

The Search

post-14745-0-23115100-1313130656.jpgpost-14745-0-23115100-1313130656.jpgThis is some of the best singletrack in the Western Cape if not SA, and there's plenty for everybody. Most of the route is on well drained soils, great for winter riding. It starts at Welvanpas, S33°37.982 E19°04.157, 60 minutes drive from Cape Town, 40 minutes drive from Bellville and 30 min from Stellenbosch. A day permit is R30. Go and check us out on FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/BainsMTBtrails

post-14745-0-44932000-1313130708.jpg

post-14745-0-03507600-1313131103.jpg

post-14745-0-92290000-1313131136.jpg

Edited by The Search

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks quite cool! Maybe I should give it a shot :)

Is it possible to get there with a car? Also I dont have GPS so coordinates don't help me at all..

Edited by MTB_Roadie

This is my new favourite place next to tokai. When we decide to go on a sun morning ride these days, this is first option as tokai is too crazy with the hords of people riding up the tracks!! oh and we love the 30km white route, i lost my camera somewhere there so if anyone finds it please let me know

Edited by Riyadh

You can get al the info on facebook without being a facebook member, but if you are a facebooker please go and like our facebook page.

You can get there by car.

DIRECTIONS TO BAINS MOUNTAIN BIKE TRAILS, WELVANPAS, WELLINGTON

S33°37.982 E19°04.157

From the N1, take the R44 turn-off to Wellington.

Take Church Street out of Wellington in the direction of Bainskloof.

As you leave town, you will pass Bovlei Cellar on your right.

Take the first left turn-off after you have passed Bovlei Cellar.

Take the immediate first right turn-off.

At the T-junction, go right.

Follow the road, which becomes and dirt road and will take you to Welvanpas Farm.

Welvanpas “Die ou Meul” coffee shop

Tel 021 864 1239

Adventure Cycles, Wellington

Tel 021 873 7434

Contact - Pieter van Wyk

+27828573180

Take some cash with, Coffee, Wine and snacks at Welvanpas, Mountainbikers breakfast at Stone Kitchen and a lot of great cellars in the area if you like wine.

Looks quite cool! Maybe I should give it a shot :)

Is it possible to get there with a car? Also I dont have GPS so coordinates don't help me at all..

I was there on Sunday.

It is absolutely awesome! The black route is short @ 30km but keeps you very honest with almost 900m ascent.

Great great ride.

Glad to hear we get first pickings. We will let you know if we find a camera.

This is my new favourite place next to tokai. When we decide to go on a sun morning ride these days, this is first option as tokai is too crazy with the hords of people riding up the tracks!! oh and we love the 30km white route, i lost my camera somewhere there so if anyone finds it please let me know

We are busy extending the white route with more singletrack.

I went with Zula on Sunday.

The most epic riding and single track ever.

Wow!

Even on circus wheels!

Wasn't Bains featured on SuperCycling a few weeks ago.?

(yes, I know very few of you waste your time with the show ... :blush: )

Looks like fantastic riding.! :thumbup:

Even on circus wheels!

Bains Pass is an old Ox wagon trail if I recall correctly so then the circus bikes should be at home here :)

On a serious note, I have not been here for some time, but it is a really good trail and make sure to support the coffee shop at the start. Good prices, great products and exceptional service.

Bains Pass is an old Ox wagon trail if I recall correctly so then the circus bikes should be at home here :)

On a serious note, I have not been here for some time, but it is a really good trail and make sure to support the coffee shop at the start. Good prices, great products and exceptional service.

Harder if you only have a 2X10.

Wasn't Bains featured on SuperCycling a few weeks ago.?

(yes, I know very few of you waste your time with the show ... :blush: )

Looks like fantastic riding.! :thumbup:

A cycling bud told me about the coverage, 2 sundays ago, of the new trails in Wellington mountains..... funny though. I live there but I am a roadie. Bain's is a lekker ride though. Takes me 42min to the top from my house. The ride down is awesome :thumbup: