Headtube Standards.......

Thug

Lets see if we have any knowledgeable peeps out there that can help me out:

Current Scenario: Lefty Fork shimmed down to 80mm travel from 110mm on a 1.125" headtube with a CK headset utilising a Project321 steerer tube. Works perfectly !!

However,

I'm looking at getting a custom frame built utilising the same fork, now the question is.......

a. Do I go for a the same 1.125" headtube, or

b. Do I go for a 1.5" headtube shimmed down to use the Project321 Steerer tube, or

c. Do I go for a 44mm ID headtube, again using the Project321 Steerer tube.

Note that the Cannondale Steerer tube is NOT 1.5" but rather 1.5625", so using the standard steerer tube in the 1.5" headtube will not work.

Thoughts/Suggestions most welcome.

Edited by Thug

I don't think you can use the words "headset" and "standards" in the same sentence :lol:

Ha, absolutely not!

Wish I had some input but I am stumped!

:lol:

After doing a bit of research, the best way to go if the frame fabricator has access to a 44mm ID tubeset, is to use that headtube and then use a zero stack headset (or similar 44mm) from Nukeproof. That will then allow me to run my lefty fork and futureproof me if I want to use a normal tapered steerer fork.