2012 bikes arrival date

chris_w_65

I am keen to buy a 29" MTB but with 2012 models about to come out I should probably wait. Does anyone have release dates on 29ers from the different brands?

This is the info I have so far

Merida - there are already some in stores but the only 29HT is low spec (under R10K)

Giant - End of August

Scott - First week of September

I am keen to buy a 29" MTB but with 2012 models about to come out I should probably wait. Does anyone have release dates on 29ers from the different brands?

This is the info I have so far

Merida - there are already some in stores but the only 29HT is low spec (under R10K)

Giant - End of August

Scott - First week of September

Does this mean we can expect a drop in prices of 2011 models in the near future...

Does this mean we can expect a drop in prices of 2011 models in the near future...

I guess if your LBS still has stock of the 2011 models they will knock a few Rand off the price but as far as I am aware my local LBS stopped ordering 2011 bikes quite some time ago in anticipation of the 2012 stock.

Westdene gives 10% off all bikes, on old models they give 15%. They are selling their 2011 models with the discount already but only the sizes they have stock in because the suppliers don't have stock of 2011 models for them to order(except KTM for some reason, they are unpacking 2011 models at Cyclelab right now :unsure: )

I think I would rather pay 5% more and buy 2012

I was hoping to get a Trek fuel ex9, but nobody has one in the country...also holding out for bargains coming up soon :thumbup:

Giant had their launch last week in Calafornia, and they released their catalogs and prices to dealers in the US. Iv already ordered my 2012 bike. The 2012 bikes are very nice and not a huge price jump.

Not sure when they will release to the rest of the world, most likely mid September.

Brandon Els of Probike has mentioned on his blog that bike prices will be dropping for the 2012 model ranges. I can't remember his exact wording, but I understood it to mean most brands. Could be a good idea to hang on for the launches.