New MTB Trail at Hennopsriver [R511] opening soon

Francois M

Hey Hubbers

A mate of mine and I are considering opening up a trail in the Hennopsriver area.I'ts about 20km's from Fourways and should consists of some climbs,single track ,two short river crossings.The terrain is extremely rocky and we expect the trail to be around thirty km's when completed.We both new to the sport and have only build trails for Enduro motorcycles in the past so would anybody be interested in coming to check it out once we've marked the route and give us some advise.From what I gather there is a bit of a demand for a safe area for people to ride.

Regards

Francois

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds good Francois. I love those hills around Gerhardsville. I always hear the guys on their MX bikes just north of the downhill from the monastry to the tar junction on the R511.

That sounds good Francois. I love those hills around Gerhardsville. I always hear the guys on their MX bikes just north of the downhill from the monastry to the tar junction on the R511.

Howzit Big Guy

The trail will be in exactly that area but mostly on the otherside of the mountain away from the enduro loop.Will hopefully see you on the trail once up and running.

This is at Boerkie's place? just say when and I'm all over it like a bad rash...

Howzit GT,yep its at Boertjies place ,so you know the terrain ,what do think of the idea?Would the terrain suite a trail ,will let you know when we've finished marking .

• 2 weeks later...

Boertjie will give us a bit of an update of the trail shortly but from what I hear his had a trial run on the first five km"s of the trail and will give some feedback .

This sounds great. :thumbup: What's at Boertjies place at the moment?

Hey Pusher

Currently there are four different Enduro loops ranging from extremely tough hill climbs,a trail through a quarry,a twisty section through trees and a non technical loop for novice dirtbike riders.The MTB trail is on a completely different section of the farm where the bikes are not allowed to ride.The plan is to upgrade the amenities in the next month or so ,so that it can serve both disciplines under one roof.Generally the Enduro loop has become very popular over the last year or so and we hope to do the same with the new MTB trail.We have opened the trail to all cyclists just to get an opinion of what it's like and to get your advice on where to improve on the trail,facilities etc.So please guys feel free to come and ride this weekend at no cost,we'd really like to get your take on the first section.

Hi guys,,I’m new here. Seems like there is a couple of you out there that already knows me.

As Francois mentioned, I own Wild West Enduro Track in the Hennops area. I’ve been running an enduro track for the past year and a half on this property.

There is still a big portion of the ground that we want to utilize for the MTB community.

I just completed the first ±5Km trail; witch consists of quite a variety of riding terrain. The 2nd face will be done, after we can get some of you guys out there to give us some feedback on the trail.

I also want to assure you you’re safety that there is nowhere that the dirt bike and mountain bike trail will be shared.

Directions

Directions- Midrand William Nicol past Diepsloot, under N14 Krugerdorp highway, past Zenex garage on right, Take left split towards Harties R511, 6.3Km dirt road right Gerardsville, 1.5Km on dirt road, sign on left to parking.

Thanks, and we hope to see you out there.

Hey everyone, I had the chance to pre-run the trail last night and I had a blast! short summary of the loop is as follows

Short uphill from the start to get the blood pumping, turning right into a fairly long downhill. The downhill switches between trees and rocks with a few sweeping turns into jumps and a dropoff ( nothing hectic you can ride down the dropoff). At the end of the down hill you wind your way through a cluster of trees getting ready for the first river.

At the first river you have the option of riding down the riverbed or sliding down it on your bum. Just kidding, river is flat rock and about 50m long. The next section I call Dentist Downhill very bumpy due to the very rocky path, twice as bad as a french cobble street and starts with a log to bunny hop over, ensure your fillings are all in place before hitting this at pace!

Now you enter the second river section, this one is a little deep and muddy, with short stretches of smooth rock, river is about 80m long, once out the river you turn right onto a short stretch of dirt road before crossing back over the river to start the first climb.

From here it is a mix of gentle hills, with short steep uphills and downhills, switching left and right through the trees, and crossing the river for the last time, now the grind starts, you work your way uphill through a maize of rocks, before sliding down a short hill to the parking lot.

All in all an action packed 5kms, and in my opinion this has the potential of becoming a great bushveld trail. So pull in this weekend and check it out. (PS the beers are always cold at Wild West)

Hey Hubbers

A mate of mine and I are considering opening up a trail in the Hennopsriver area.I'ts about 20km's from Fourways and should consists of some climbs,single track ,two short river crossings.The terrain is extremely rocky and we expect the trail to be around thirty km's when completed.We both new to the sport and have only build trails for Enduro motorcycles in the past so would anybody be interested in coming to check it out once we've marked the route and give us some advise.From what I gather there is a bit of a demand for a safe area for people to ride.

Regards

Francois

JUST LET ME KNOW I WILL BE THERE

guys pull in this weekend it is open

Directions

Directions- Midrand William Nicol past Diepsloot, under N14 Krugerdorp highway, past Zenex garage on right, Take left split towards Harties R511, 6.3Km dirt road right Gerardsville, 1.5Km on dirt road, sign on left to parking.

Thanks, and we hope to see you out there.