Reba World Cup length too short

HammerHed

I have a weird scenario my Reba World Cup fork is missing 25mm in length.

It should be set at 100mm of travel and was before I had it serviced a while ago. I checked out the spec today and see that the length from the top of the lower crown should be 480mm to the middle of the axle, mine measures around 460mm where is the missing 25mm - 30mm?

See attached pic + spec diagram.

How can I fix this any ideas?

See pic at bottom of proper length for the 100mm fork.

post-2278-0-69626800-1313356272.jpg

post-2278-0-77439500-1313356286.jpg

post-2278-0-76770300-1313357380.jpg

Edited by HammerHed

Remove all the air. My sid was missing 10% travel after my service due to to much pressure. Beware that you must turn fork upside down to remove neg air as there is lots of oil that will come out (both chambers)

Remove all the air. My sid was missing 10% travel after my service due to to much pressure. Beware that you must turn fork upside down to remove neg air as there is lots of oil that will come out (both chambers)

OK will try that, I see if I hold the wheel and pull the fork out - push the wheel down while holding the handlebars there is a bit of travel there but it gets sucked back up when I let go.

When you pump your shock. pump positive chamber first(the top one) then negative chamber(bottom one)

When pumping shock check to see that the negative chamber does not suck the fork down.

Edited by specializedfan

Do I replace the oil that comes out?

No.

Sometimes they are over zealous with the oil in a service. Its minimal but if it gets on your rotors you are stuffed. (well you will need to clean thouroughly and replace brake pads is they get contaminated)

No.

Sometimes they are over zealous with the oil in a service. Its minimal but if it gets on your rotors you are stuffed. (well you will need to clean thouroughly and replace brake pads is they get contaminated)

TX dude, I will try this out tonight, hopefully I can sort it out myself.

I reset the pressure in both + & - chambers and it seems as if it OK now. Will have to ride to get the right pressure but I guess the 10kg I have picked up in the off season has made my bike sag more than it usually does.

Thanks for the oil leaking out tip, there was a little that came out, not enough to spoil the party though.

The ride height came back as soon as I released the pressure in the - chamber. And did not suck back again after I had pumped it up again.

I guess the - pressure has to do with the amount of damping / rebound you want from what I could feel. Might be wrong though.

Thanks for the tips guys.