Evans Cycles - Group buy

chris_w_65

Anyone keen on an Evans Cycles group buy to get free postage? You need R5850.00 for free postage :o

Their Thule stuff is 50% cheaper than in SA :rolleyes: :thumbup: :clap:

Anyone keen on an Evans Cycles group buy to get free postage? You need R5850.00 for free postage :o

And the customs fee's required by UPS upon delivery? Split that amongst the people who order?

And the customs fee's required by UPS upon delivery? Split that amongst the people who order?

Is there duty on bike racks? :(

If there is duty then maybe it is not worth it, if there is no duty then I can probably contribute R4200.00 to the buy

Edited by chris_w_65

If there is duty then maybe it is not worth it, if there is no duty then I can probably contribute R3200.00 to the buy

i thought u bought a rack?

Their Thule stuff is 50% cheaper than in SA :rolleyes: :thumbup: :clap:

Those prices are crazy, R2200 for a Thule 9503 Rideon - 3 bike rack

What website are you on? If there is only 15% VAT to pay then it is R1913.00

How much are they here?

This sells for R1600.00 here

http://www.evanscycl...941?query=thule

Same site, bit of a guestimate, I also added a bit for postage. I can't find a price online locally, but if memory serves me correct they go for about R3500. :unsure: I've got a mate moving back from London to SA, so hoping he can stick it into his container :rolleyes:

Edited by Caerus

Same site, bit of a guestimate, I also added a bit for postage. I can't find a price online locally, but if memory serves me correct they go for about R3500. :unsure: I've got a mate moving back from London to SA, so hoping he can stick it into his container :rolleyes:

I checked, they are R3500.00 here - group buy = free postage, remember you will pay the 17.5% VAT in the UK. Not sure what it would cost to send down to you in CT though? Some of the small couriers are really cheap if you don't mind waiting a few days

I checked, they are R3500.00 here - group buy = free postage, remember you will pay the 17.5% VAT in the UK.

UK VAT is now at 20%. If you buy it in store and can show you're a visitor or are leaving the UK for longer than 12 months, you can claim back the VAT when you leave the UK.

Edit: Here's the info http://www.evanscycles.com/help/vat-duty

Edited by Edman

UK VAT is now at 20%. If you buy it in store and can show you're a visitor or are leaving the UK for longer than 12 months, you can claim back the VAT when you leave the UK.

Edit: Here's the info http://www.evanscycles.com/help/vat-duty

Yes but you're then supposed to declare the purchase when you get to SA and pay the local VAT here, you could try get away with it though :rolleyes:

Yes but you're then supposed to declare the purchase when you get to SA and pay the local VAT here, you could try get away with it though :rolleyes:

You're allowed to bring in R5000 worth of stuff duty free in your luggage when flying in to SA (subject to certain conditions such as length of stay overseas, frequency of trips etc.

Though, of course that wouldn't apply to a container full of stuff.

Edited by Edman