[Event] Thaba Trails Launch

Wendell

Event Name: Thaba Trails Launch
When: 3 September 2011
Where: Mulbarton, Johannesburg, Gauteng
Category: MTB

Thaba Trails....The launch of the new MTB trails at 101, Klipriviersburg Rd, Mulbarton, Johannesburg.Known as Thaba Trails.The opening will be on the 3rd September from 08hoo till 15hoo. The day will be open to all our friends with a lamb on a spit and lucky draw prizes of a Merida MTB, Buzzrack bike carrier as well as a few Annual memberships for 2012.

There are presently two colour codes, YELLOW route which is for the not so technical riders and beginners..the "ONE" being a 6km route and the "two" being slightly tougher with two challenging hills and a longer ride at 16km. The GREEN route is a little tougher, with some fabulous technical sections...some STEEP hills and sitting at 20km.

The "official opening" and draws will take place at 11am.You must be present to take a prize. Registration from 7am. NO entry fees on this day.Bring your friend and family...For more information contact Wendell at 0829000749..some demo bikes will be available..29ers and dual suspensions ps PLEASE don't frighten the game !!NO HELMET NO RIDE.

Go to Event Page

sounds like fun, problem is i'm riding @ sun city. Bummer.

Like a good rider said.... " SUN CITY is just a day...Thaba is permanent." We will be there for a longggggggggggggg time.

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations Wendell and your team on an awesome venue.

There are 3 different trails, the White/Yellow is approx 6k's, the Red approx 15k's and the Green approx 23k's. We did the green route which has a mixture of everything, jeep track (very limited), singletrack, rock gardens, tight twisty off-camber corners and some lung busting climbs. If you are riding a singlespeed, you WILL be getting off and pushing. We missed a short section and I landed up with 19.9k's on my GPS with 370m of climbing

The amount of work that Wendell has put in is phenomenal and all the trails need now is some rain to bed them down.

I'm sure that Thaba Trails will be just as successful as Rietvlei.

Hi Guys, I really appreciate all your comments. It was so encouraging to see and hear all the comments after your rides. I cannot express my appreciation enough. Also my appreciation to my team of SIX...who were costantly reminded of the opening day and WOW..they sparked. If I think 5 of them have never done this before, they are super learners...AGAIN..thanks.We must all pray for rain 'cos the trails took a hammering being so dry and newly cut.

We are doing night rides on Tuesdays and Thursdays... starting at 6pm.

The bike winner was Garry and the Buzz Rack was Neal...and the pile of old clothes for charity was heart warming...Thank you!!

Hi Guys, I really appreciate all your comments. It was so encouraging to see and hear all the comments after your rides. I cannot express my appreciation enough. Also my appreciation to my team of SIX...who were costantly reminded of the opening day and WOW..they sparked. If I think 5 of them have never done this before, they are super learners...AGAIN..thanks.We must all pray for rain 'cos the trails took a hammering being so dry and newly cut.

We are doing night rides on Tuesdays and Thursdays... starting at 6pm.

The bike winner was Garry and the Buzz Rack was Neal...and the pile of old clothes for charity was heart warming...Thank you!!

Congratulations on a successful launch! What times are the trails open?

Could you please give us a map to the location, is it inside the klipriviersberg nature reserve?

Quite keen to try it out, especially the night rides!

As there is a race at Rietvlei zoo farm tomorrow morning maybe a good time for everyone to try out the Thaba trails rather :clap:

For Dino,

101, Klipriviersburg Rd, Mulbarton, Johannesburg

contact Wendell at 0829000749

Was there this morning, albeit for an extremely short ride.

first impressions... great, could do with a sprinkling of rain to get rid of the powdery sections on certain sections and then it will be awesome.

So cool to have two top class venues so close to home

Interested in doing the night ride, just a question (probably a stupid one), do i need to get a light for the front or is there ample lighting?