PPA buys a dog

FanieFiets

The Pedal Power Association (PPA) on Saturday handed a new trained dog to join Table Mountain National Park’s visitor safety dog unit through the “Gift-a-Patrol-Dog Campaign”. “Purdy”, a two-year old German Shepherd, joined three other patrol dogs at the SANParks offices at Kloof Nek. In addition to funding the dog, the PPA is also funding Purdy’s food for a year, bringing this funding initiative to a total of R22 000.

http://www.pedalpower.org.za/blog/news/ppa-donates-trained-table-mountain-patrol-dog/ for full article.

Pretty cool.

just wish they had their members interests in mind.... like actually doing something regarding race numbers, races that are scheduled and the information required for it, etc.

Yeah, great stuff done but how does MY SUBSCRIPTION actually work for me by them donating a dog and lifetime supply (coz you can't just sponsor only one year) of food.

moan moan moan.

Makes the mountain safer for mtb and hikers. Buy a mtb and go ride there. feel safer. biggrin.gif

or dont join PPA. But not PPA discussion. I just think it is nice way to spend money seeing as they are involved in charities.

just wish they had their members interests in mind.... like actually doing something regarding race numbers, races that are scheduled and the information required for it, etc.

Yeah, great stuff done but how does MY SUBSCRIPTION actually work for me by them donating a dog and lifetime supply (coz you can't just sponsor only one year) of food.

Or sort out there seeding system...

I was waiting for the comments.....dont moan...assist....or dont join PPA then....etc and it did not take long....

Or sort out there seeding system...

I was waiting for the comments.....dont moan...assist....or dont join PPA then....etc and it did not take long....

If this came out yesterday I would have been fine-ish with it, but today I am edgy because of my cycle cravings..... and the general irritation on the hub regarding the PPA....

btw I am assisting - I have paid my subs over a month ago and still haven't received my race number for the season - first race is in a few weeks.

One positive thing is that my seeding has shot from G to E without doing any races :thumbup:

Well, I do declare honey-chil', that there's sure a purdy story!

I also liked the one in the Saturday papers about the 4 mountain bikers who chased some muggers. Pity they didn't get them, but something to make those damn wastes-of-air think twice (if they actually think in the first place of course).