Buying 2nd hand

DieWalt

Hi there all, I am looking to start mtb-ing and to buy 2nd hand after talking to some friends in the sport.

Does anybody have some tips on what to look out for as well as what brands of bikes to look for and what to leave.

I dont whant to spend mor than 20K and am looking for a hard tail.

Hope you can help, thanks!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i recon the best bet in this situation would be, find a bike you think is nice and worth the money, the chat to your friends already in the sport and ask them what they think about the components etc.

but for 20k your should be able to get a pretty decent bike new, especially if you are looking for a hardtail

26 or 29?

I dont realy know, I am about 1,85 m tall, I don't know too much about what sizes to look for?

26 or 29?

I dont realy know, I am about 1,85 m tall, I don't know too much about what sizes to look for?

F*&k me did I lol at this one. The fail is strong with this noob.

Oi! Noob, go for a 24"

Better yet, stick to darts, rugby and old man's marbles.

Large, for 20 large you could get a sweet full suspension ride. why a hardtail? get a road bike rather.

Edited by Chubba

i recon the best bet in this situation would be, find a bike you think is nice and worth the money, the chat to your friends already in the sport and ask them what they think about the components etc.

but for 20k your should be able to get a pretty decent bike new, especially if you are looking for a hardtail

Thamks , I have been looking through the classifieds but no luck yet , suppose I should be patient ... Do ypu recon I should look at new bikes rather?

Large, for 20 large you could get a sweet full suspension ride. why a hardtail?

Cause he's a noob, not a girl?

Oi! Noob, go for a 24"

Edit, you have R20k to spend and this is the research you put into your spend?

Oi! Noob, go for a 24"

Every one has to start somewhere. No need to make the guy feel stupid coz he's not in the know-how yet. :thumbdown:

Welcome noob cyclists to the Hub and give constructive advice rather, or keep silent

Thamks , I have been looking through the classifieds but no luck yet , suppose I should be patient ... Do ypu recon I should look at new bikes rather?

dude, are you joking?

MTB's for around R20k

Quality!

Edited by Chubba

Large, for 20 large you could get a sweet full suspension ride. why a hardtail? get a road bike rather.

Would rather stick to off road, not to keen on getting runover, heard the full suspension is much more expensive , but dont really know.. Im just running with advise Ive been given .

Every one has to start somewhere. No need to make the guy feel stupid coz he's not in the know-how yet. :thumbdown:

Welcome noob cyclists to the Hub and give constructive advice rather, or keep silent

Dude, you're a noob. Don't tell me to keep silent.

FFS!, and you're half my age. Have some respect. And that gay profile pic? WTF?

Edited by TNT1