Fox F Series cartridge vs Fox Fit Cartridge difference?

eraser

Noticed someone in the classifieds selling his Fox F Series cartridge after unpgrading to a Fit cartridge, whats the improvement?

The FIT is basically a self contained dampening system.

Main differences are:

It's lighter (Less Oil)

It uses different oil which does cavitate as much

The FIT cartridge ha rebound lockout, low speed compression and lockout force adjustment

Read more Click me

Click on the technology and then the FIT icon and it explains there

Edited by Mecnic

]As Mechnic says.

In addition. It uses a rubber bladder to contain the oil in a smaller space. It works like this: when the fork is compressed a metal rod enters the oil chamber and takes up space. That space is seen as a rising oil leve. In the old system where the oil splashed around in an open bath, the rising level wasn't a problem. There was lots of it and lots of place for it to expand to.

In an effort to lighten the fork, Fox has shed some 100ml oil by using a closed system. The bladder is located at the top of the damper cartridge and any excess oil generated by an entering rod, simply stretches the rubber. The system is bled so that there is no air in. Its a valid technique for reducing oil.

The downside is that the bladders pop out of their end pieces, creating expensive repairs that weren't present in the previoius open bath system. Marzocchi has been using the bladder system for years. Fox just discovered it and resucitated it as FIT.

post-1761-0-62975900-1313598904.jpgA popped bladder, resulting in a faulty fork and expensive repairs. I hope Fox has a foolproof way of locking the bladder into its end caps[/i].