Which workstand??

Chain-L

Topeak is awesome, it is aluminium so is very light and does not rust, packs away easy and comes with a bag, has a very steady base and has an optional scale.

Parktool = 1000 streetcred points. It works well and looks cool in your lounge when your cycling buddies come over. Just don't let the wife use it as a laundry rail.

I was leaning towards the Topeak (maybe because of the scale?), but sounds like the Parktool is the one to get.

Thanks for all the feedback, any real mechanics out there that can give some input from experience?

I can't see that the Park Tool base could be as steady as the Topeak. I have only used the topeak though and seen photos of the Park Tool

Just to add my two cent here, but up until last week I was looking at getting one, decided on the Strides one which while a little heavier, it's a heck of a lot more secure and stable.The thing I liked was not having to clamp the top tube of a carbon frame. Have a look at www.strides.co.za. The chap I dealt with is Mark, very helpful guy.

Edited by Abercrombie

How about this, cheap and easy to make if you can weld and you can adapt it as you want. I have been working on one since 2002 on our Tandems and will not use anything else.

post-24908-0-31463100-1313593921.jpg

Edited by eccentric1

Just to add my two cent here, but up until last week I was looking at getting one, decided on the Strides one which while a little heavier, it's a heck of a lot more secure and stable.The thing I liked was not having to clamp the top tube of a carbon frame. Have a look at www.strides.co.za. The chap I dealt with is Mark, very helpful guy.

Agreed! And Mark was a hell of a rider.

Ok so here is a real spanner in the works-all I have is 2 pieces of rope over the rafter in the garage with eyes tied at the ends.One eye loops over each side of the bars and the other 2 over the seat.Hey presto and I can do nearly everything that needs doing and I have R1300.00 to spend on upgrades??

have had the topeak prep stand elite for a couple of months now and am really happy with it so far.it is sturdy,strong and light and folds away quite small.i find the carry bag it comes with quite handy when you need to transport it wherever you are going.my 2c

have had the topeak prep stand elite for a couple of months now and am really happy with it so far.it is sturdy,strong and light and folds away quite small.i find the carry bag it comes with quite handy when you need to transport it wherever you are going.my 2c

Never buy the optional scale unless you want to visit the "dark side" :lol: