Momsen MTB

Shakes

I have recently seen some adverts for a Momsen MTB.

Has anyone bought one of these bikes; and please give me some feedback.

I must say it has a really weird name; almost as if this bike was started by a Mother and Son.

Your feedback please

Who is He?

As far as I know he designed for Raleigh in SA for most of their recent years? (Techno-gurus correct me if I'm wrong?)

As far as I know he designed for Raleigh in SA for most of their recent years? (Techno-gurus correct me if I'm wrong?)

hmm... cool

Captain - u a bit sow on the uptake - they have 3 to choose from - go check out the site www.momsenbike.com - The Dual link 6 gonna be R18500 according to the site (with some damn awesome specs!)! Was looking on behalf of a mate...

And I can't yet comment on the ride quality... don't work for them or ride one yet... but got an AL329 frame thats gonna be my next SS project...

I also have a al329. Really enjoying it. Good value for money. I have done abit of work on mine tho.

post-21364-0-42946800-1313735945.jpeg

Jan Begemann did most of Raleigh's most recent offerings. Victor Momsen left Raleigh some years back to set up Two Wheel Trading. They import a range of niech market bikes.

I recently bought an AL329. Kept the frame fork and rims, and upgraded the rest. Sram x9, 2012 XT brakes, hope hubs, loaded seatpost, KCNC wide bar and stem, Fizik Gobi saddle.

I'm very happy with my bike. Very good value for money.

post-25293-0-56245200-1313740692.jpg

post-25293-0-91123200-1313740713.jpg

I recently bought an AL329. Kept the frame fork and rims, and upgraded the rest. Sram x9, 2012 XT brakes, hope hubs, loaded seatpost, KCNC wide bar and stem, Fizik Gobi saddle.

I'm very happy with my bike. Very good value for money.

Hey man, nice bike! Also ride the 329 and did some upgrade work on it as well. Any idea of weight on your bike now?

What would it cost to build those rims onto Hope hubs?

IThanks Nochain! Just rode it at the Imana wildride...great bike. So far only plusses over the 26'er for me.

It weighs just under 12kg...I bought the hubs and skewers from CRC and spokes and assembly from my LBS. Speak to Ngala24. He was offering a set of ZTR/Hope wheels...maybe he can work a deal.

It probably cost me about R2800 using the rims off the 329.