Continental X-king 2.2 UST

Meezo

Hi Hubbers

I would like to get me new tyres, I'm currently riding MK(front) and RK(rear), i've be told to change to the X-King, front and rear.

But can't find much reviews about these tyres, any one got any bad or good experiences with them, let me know?

They are a bit pricey(R499 CWC and Crown) and CRC don't have them on their site, where would be the best place to order them from?

They not the MK type of grip. More suited as a back tire unless you got skills and can also run X-marks or SB8 up front.

Aslo volume isnt the best for a 2.2, seguaros are chunkier.

Also interested in any reviews of the X king as my MK and RK are starting to look a little tired.

they even heavier then the MK and RK's, had a ride on mates bike over the weekend with X king front and rear and i liked the feel, he does to :)

i run a 2.2 X king rear with a mountain king front! - AMAZING!

That sounds like a great combo because I have found th RK to be lacking sometimes on the grip.

Difficult to find a 2.4 UST MK though.

I have fitted a X king 2.2 ust to my front wheel. (previously had a Mountain King). My 1st ride will be Sun City on Sunday so I will post my impressions next week.

My back tyre is a Race King.

i run a 2.2 X king rear with a mountain king front! - AMAZING!

Which is what i was leaning towards.

The issues i had was the MK never lasted me long and the RK in the mud were like slicks, i think from what i saw the knobs are closely placed.

The MK and XK combo sounds like a good idea.

I have fitted a X king 2.2 ust to my front wheel. (previously had a Mountain King). My 1st ride will be Sun City on Sunday so I will post my impressions next week.

My back tyre is a Race King.

Looking forward to hear what happens!

Which is what i was leaning towards.

The issues i had was the MK never lasted me long and the RK in the mud were like slicks, i think from what i saw the knobs are closely placed.

The MK and XK combo sounds like a good idea.

My MK has done 200km's and still looks good for another few hundred.

What pressures you running? In my experience I was running them way too hard and when I started fiddling and dropped it a bit the handling got much better.

i ran the mk 2bar which is 29psi and rk at 2.2bar 32psi, i weigh 64kgs!

Also to add to it when i commute before i get on the gravel stuff i do about about 25kms of tar!

i run the foldable (non UST) Mountain King up front as Tubeless ... enjoy getting it to seat in the beginning cus it keeps on going down over night! But give it a week or so and then its fine.

That combo is AMAZING ... im a DH racer and this combo honestly rivals the grip of the Maxxis Minion F downhill tyres ... its insane ... you just go into a corner, lean it in, and GO ... you can actually hear the tread ripping into the dirt ...

UST version is very heavy!! :thumbdown:

Imagine mud stuck to the tyre at the same time, you would need legs the size of Cancellara`s! :lol:

i ran the mk 2bar which is 29psi and rk at 2.2bar 32psi, i weigh 64kgs!

Also to add to it when i commute before i get on the gravel stuff i do about about 25kms of tar!

I run my MK at 1.6bar and the RK at 1.8 bar and it has made a huge difference. I weigh 84kg so u should account for that, but the increase in grip has been fantastic.

UST version is very heavy!! :thumbdown:

Imagine mud stuck to the tyre at the same time, you would need legs the size of Cancellara`s! :lol:

It may be heavy but its bomb proof. An extra few grams is worth it for a tyre that doesn't give any hassles. I think there are other weighs to save weight that don't compromise reliability.

It may be heavy but its bomb proof. An extra few grams is worth it for a tyre that doesn't give any hassles. I think there are other weighs to save weight that don't compromise reliability.

But most UST tyres are generally heavier... Isn't it?