Guess I'll have to change my Hubname...

Bike Mob

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Tarmac's Revenge - I just stalked you on your blog. I think you have the best collection of bikes I have EVER seen. I am currently, litteraly, green with envy.!!

@ Tarmac's Revenge - I just stalked you on your blog. I think you have the best collection of bikes I have EVER seen. I am currently, litteraly, green with envy.!!

He is living the dream!

Edited by YUMEYA

http://nevcragg.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/img_0256.jpg

Here is the latest build, only change coming are the brakes and carbon saddle to go on when the rail parts arrive... Oh and minus the powermeter...I want to get a Quarq Cinqo spider to go onto my S-Works cranks and a Garmin Edge 800.

Edited by Tarmac's Revenge

Thanks for reading my blog, that''s what it's there for!

The blog (Link in my Sig) now has a decent review of the Venge on it as well as a comparison between the Tarmac and Venge.

1st Race on it coming to a racetrack near you tonight at 6pm ;)

Edited by Tarmac's Revenge

The blog (Link in my Sig) now has a decent review of the Venge on it as well as a comparison between the Tarmac and Venge.

I was interested to read that you say that you find the Venge handles as well as the SL3. I was chatting to the owner of my LBS the other day about the Venge and he was saying that he had heard that during the TDF the pros in the peleton had all been complaining that they found it very twitchy on the more technical descents and some had changed to a Tarmac for these types of stages. I assume this was hersay and not substatiated in any way but interesting none the less. It was the first feedback I had heard about the bike apart from the fact that it is very very fast.

Two questions if you please....

If you could only have the SL3 or the Venge which would it be?

Out of your wonderful collection of bikes which one has the most special place in your heart?

Good luck for your race.

I was interested to read that you say that you find the Venge handles as well as the SL3. I was chatting to the owner of my LBS the other day about the Venge and he was saying that he had heard that during the TDF the pros in the peleton had all been complaining that they found it very twitchy on the more technical descents and some had changed to a Tarmac for these types of stages. I assume this was hersay and not substatiated in any way but interesting none the less. It was the first feedback I had heard about the bike apart from the fact that it is very very fast.

Two questions if you please....

If you could only have the SL3 or the Venge which would it be?

Out of your wonderful collection of bikes which one has the most special place in your heart?

Good luck for your race.

It's interesting that the Pro's thought it was twitchy, or too twitchy... I love descending and haven't found it overly so, Never have I thought it was unstable that I have to slow down, and I've had it at 95kmph already. I do ride a 110mm stem that would slow it down a little from stering input- but then again the pro's also do, maybe the slammed stems make a difference to the balance.

The colour of the Black SL3 2011 OSBB frame I had was the best paintjob, it's also still a fantastic bike. Maybe I would choose it for that reason. Otherwise the ride for me is very similar. The Venge is cool because it's new and we'll soon find out if the Aero transforms into speed and race results.

Thats stunning.

My only crtiticsm (duck and hide) is the polar power meter. But hey SRM power meters aint cheap.

Those zipps look aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome!

Enjoy it dude, she's a ripper

Thats stunning.

My only crtiticsm (duck and hide) is the polar power meter. But hey SRM power meters aint cheap.

Those zipps look aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome!

Enjoy it dude, she's a ripper

I dont like it either...it comes off for racing

I dont like it either...it comes off for racing

That's ok then.

Then I will say that is the hottest piece of carbon I have seen. Enjoy enjoy enjoy

The ONLY way that bike could look any hotter is if it had 404's on instead of 303's, but hey, it's Cape Town! You will be the envy of the whole peloton. Go kick some butt!