bearings

farouk

Hi am pretty new to cycling and the forum so hoping to get some info ....

i recently purchaced a bike and found the wheel bearings to have terrible play and coarse while spinning

them so i stripped it down till all the bearings was out and cleaned them up real good ..

i found all the bearings to be very much stuffed ..i now have the problem of getting hold of this bearings ID-15mm OD-26mm and THICKNESS-8mm bearing number is MR15268 2RS .i was hoping there is someone out there who already went through this and can steer me in the right direcrion please...i did find the other bearing though so i need just this one.

i also stripped down the isis drive bottom bracket? and could not find bearings for that either

there were no numbers on the bearings it self so i measured them with digital vernierand got to

ID-21.5mm OD-31 and the one bearing thickness is 14mm and the other is 7mm the rest of the dimensions

are the same please please please HELP!!!!you can mail me on faroukkarlie@yahoo.com

have u try bearing man, i buy all my bearing from them. and if they cant help u bearing man city in joburg central also stock a lott of different bearings.

I will look around for you and see what i can do.

Bearing man or Bearing International mate.

Oh, and.....

While we're on the topic of grammar... Comma , and Apostrophe '.

Edited by Gambitdbn

Oh, and.....

Capitalisation too. The difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Capitalisation too. The difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Nice boys , let's scare the poor rookie for life.

Hi am pretty new to cycling and the forum so hoping to get some info ....

i recently purchaced a bike and found the wheel bearings to have terrible play and coarse while spinning

them so i stripped it down till all the bearings was out and cleaned them up real good ..

i found all the bearings to be very much stuffed ..i now have the problem of getting hold of this bearings ID-15mm OD-26mm and THICKNESS-8mm bearing number is MR15268 2RS .i was hoping there is someone out there who already went through this and can steer me in the right direcrion please...i did find the other bearing though so i need just this one.

i also stripped down the isis drive bottom bracket? and could not find bearings for that either

there were no numbers on the bearings it self so i measured them with digital vernierand got to

ID-21.5mm OD-31 and the one bearing thickness is 14mm and the other is 7mm the rest of the dimensions

are the same please please please HELP!!!!you can mail me on faroukkarlie@yahoo.com

Take them to your local Bearing Man .They will be able to help you.

Bearing Man (now called BMG) is the way to go. Take the old bearing in and they will measure and give you a replacement. Depending on stock, will also offer you a couple of alternatives with regard to quality. Also, they are open on Saturday mornings until 12 noon.

Nice boys , let's scare the poor rookie for life.

He'll be fine. He's obviously immune to all the scaring a lifetime of language teachers have been trying to give him.

Depending on stock, will also offer you a couple of alternatives with regard to quality.

As general rule, try to get bearings from the major manufacturers like FAG, NSK or SKF. Cheaper (usually Chinese-made) bearings die quickly.

:Dpost-25505-0-64294600-1313671744.jpg

:Dpost-25505-0-64294600-1313671744.jpg

Hi guys

Sorry for my bad grammar i did'nt know my post was being marked .Anyway thanks for all the advice I used all of it and got all my bearing needs satisfied.

All under one roof from a place called SILKUNI IMPORTERS AND DISTRIBUTORS CC in Parrow

Once again thank you for all the replies.

What make did you get and how was the pricing?

hi caad4

The make is enduro and it cost me 50 bucks for the hard to get bearing and 11.50 for the other.If i had to import it myself ,I would have paid much more