32GI

ridr

Anyone else tried the new 32GI energy drink? Been using it for a while now. I see they officially launched last week in a few shops and advertising in Modern Athlete this month. Website still under construction, but has contact details http://www.32gi.com/ Works well for me. Enjoying all the different flavours. I'm finding that I have less cravings and I'm less hungry after a long session than before.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7.5 hour ride, 2.5 bottles of energy drink, NO FOOD, NO GELS, NO anything, my energy levels were so sustained, I had to force down my protein at the end. This stuff cant be legal........ anyone else there used it, I think this product is going to fly.

Agreed, been using it for a while now, never felt so energetic after hours of training or racing, its magic stuff.

I am a diabetic and finally there is a product that does not play with my sugar levels, this energy drink really works amazingly. I saw a post that mentioned they launched last week, anyone know where they are stocking at the moment?

check out the site www.32gi.com so far Dischem, Springbok Pharmacy, The Sweat Shop, Triangle Sports, Fresh Earth contact sales@32gi.com for orders

I just went from USN to Hammer.

Now there is this great result from another... price per volume anyone?

Hmmm...  smiley23.gif

Geno, Hammer is far better than USN so good move, from a nutrition point of view though Hammer is still a high GI product meaning it does spike you, maybe not as much as other solid multodextrin based products, but 32GI will never spike you. If you read the research reports on 32GI you will notice that is was tested by the Freiburg University Sports Medicine Institute against multodextrin based products on elite cyclists. Results showed that the 32GI group outperformed the multodextrin groups by at least 3% which is incredible. The other big difference is that 32GI promotes much fat store tapping for energy and only releases the exact amount of glucose the muscles require, which means, that you go much much longer as your glycogen stores do not deplete as quickly. Price if you look at it per an hour of energy, how much would you pay for a gel which you need to keep taking in every 30-45 minutes as not to dip too much, basically a serving of 32GI guarantees you a minimum of 2 hours of energy, so in a 20 serving bucket which costs R225 at Tony Impey cycles, 1 serving is 2 hours worth which equates to R5.60 per an hour, thats a great deal and the stuff tastes great too, 4 flavours, peach,lime, raspberry and orange.

It has all the required electrolytes in it and can be used for carbo-loading or during an event for both energy and rehydration, go figure, its the first low GI endurance drink on the continent and you would have to try it to believe how it works.

I dont want to come across as biased here, as I actually promote the product, but only because I believe in it fro personal use.

For diabetics this product is a dream, blood tests before and after have been done on diabetics, and maximum level went to 7, then back down to 5 during and after an event, thats incredible. No bouncing levels for diabetics which is great. A diabetic can also drink this even if not doing sport just as a non-weight gaining or sugar energy drink.

I am part of the 32Gi team.

I think Tryman should say what his involvement is with this product. Having come on the Hub with this thread as though he was an ordinary punter; it seems pretty clear there's more to his recommendation than that of a pleased/surprised customer.

Joe fair enough not a problem. I am not directly involved with the company. However I have been using the product for many months and was one of the elite athletes that was testing it, I know a lot about the product and all the research behind it. I dont live in South Africa actually am in the US and to be honest its not here, but would love to bring it here. I pay for shipments of product to me once in a while and keep up to date with the goings on all the time, and help out where I can from a feedback point of view, there are many like me out there using it, and you dont need me to tell u if its goo or bad, once u have tried it u can decide for yourself, for each individual there is a product they enjoy.

Geno' date=' Hammer is far better than USN so good move, from a nutrition point of view though Hammer is still a high GI product meaning it does spike you, maybe not as much as other solid multodextrin based products, but 32GI will never spike you. If you read the research reports on 32GI you will notice that is was tested by the Freiburg University Sports Medicine Institute against multodextrin based products on elite cyclists. Results showed that the 32GI group outperformed the multodextrin groups by at least 3% which is incredible. The other big difference is that 32GI promotes much fat store tapping for energy and only releases the exact amount of glucose the muscles require, which means, that you go much much longer as your glycogen stores do not deplete as quickly. Price if you look at it per an hour of energy, how much would you pay for a gel which you need to keep taking in every 30-45 minutes as not to dip too much, basically a serving of 32GI guarantees you a minimum of 2 hours of energy, so in a 20 serving bucket which costs R225 at Tony Impey cycles, 1 serving is 2 hours worth which equates to R5.60 per an hour, thats a great deal and the stuff tastes great too, 4 flavours, peach,lime, raspberry and orange.

It has all the required electrolytes in it and can be used for carbo-loading or during an event for both energy and rehydration, go figure, its the first low GI endurance drink on the continent and you would have to try it to believe how it works.[/quote']

Very interesting, tryman.

Thanx for the good details!

It is winter season and I can experiment with various things. Racing's back on in Spring...  smiley12.gif

I also want to try different supplements, but how does one go about this to make the variables the same and see if they really make positive or negative influence on performance ?