Colored chains

Skidmark

Happy Friday all...

I've seen a few pics of bikes that have colored chains, most recently:

post-4310-071166800%201287155933.jpg

Do stores sell them colored or are you guys spraying them yourselves?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you use nail polish

You can do the same on motorbike chains. You just use more bottles of nail polish.

If you dont have nail polish, look for Spank Tweet Tweet chains on CRC, various colours available. All great when your bike is clean, but annoyingly turn black when in use, until they are cleaned again...

for real? Nail polish?

and it doesn't cause issues with jamming or anything? I mean as I see it, the paint'll dry in the gaps and jam stuff up?

If you dont have nail polish, look for Spank Tweet Tweet chains on CRC, various colours available. All great when your bike is clean, but annoyingly turn black when in use, until they are cleaned again...

Yeah and considering I'm wanting a white chain, keeping it clean is a considerable factor...

for real? Nail polish?

and it doesn't cause issues with jamming or anything? I mean as I see it, the paint'll dry in the gaps and jam stuff up?

Nah, that's why nail polish is the best to use, cause it comes with that wee brush, so you can do the job careful and not get in the rollers.

It takes some practice and time to do it right, but it's very rewarding. Almost like a meditation.

hectic... would never have guessed nail polish.

So the trick basically, is to only do it on the ouside facing edges, not the middle bits that make contact with the cassette? (excuse my noob explanation of those bike parts)

Edited by Skidmark

So, where can i get some black nail polish?? Anyone knows a EMO / goth chick... :D

You can have your chain in any colour, as long as it is black!!

It takes some practice and time to do it right, but it's very rewarding. Almost like a meditation.

:blink: - is that like Origami?

:blink: - is that like Origami?

More like building model aircraft.

(which has some parallels to the chain painting, cause you need patience and a wee brush to paint the models when they're done.)

Also, the other nice thing about the nail polish route, is that you can easily keep the same chain, but change the colour.

More like building model aircraft.

(which has some parallels to the chain painting, cause you need patience and a wee brush to paint the models when they're done.)

For real ------------- Nail Polish :unsure: