A diferrent kind of 'snake bite'

jusbob

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Chatting to a friend of mine over the weekend, he has a house on game farm along with several others.

A couple was riding recently around the farm on there mtb's, husband a metre or two ahead. Without realising it he rides over a black mamba, wife being a little behind comes acroos pissssssed off snake and gets nailed 3 times on her knee.

They managed to get back to there house and drove to part of farm where the helicopter could land, she spent a couple days in ICU in PTA somewhere and was discharged after about a week.

Doctor recons the fact that she was wearing lycra cycling pants saved her life cause its only once they cut those off the symptoms started showing rapidly

Just Out of Interest.... Have any of you guys riding in the Cape Town Area ever seen a Rinkhals? Really awesome snake and would be very cool if any of you had confirmed sightings with a photo?

post-18777-0-79185700-1316439792.jpg

a group of us came across a rinkhals in Cedarberg a few years back - amazingly beautiful snake (we got a bit close and he reared up and spread his hood). Sadly not seen any on the tygerberg trails.

a group of us came across a rinkhals in Cedarberg a few years back - amazingly beautiful snake (we got a bit close and he reared up and spread his hood). Sadly not seen any on the tygerberg trails.

Not cycling related, but a guy across the road from my girlfriend keeps snakes, and apparently whilst trying to take pictures of his Egyptian Spitting Cobra to sell, it spat right in his eyes. By the time his friend had put the snake away and went to check on the guy who was washing out his eyes, he was dead. Freaky stuff man! Begs the question though, should people be able to own such crazy snakes? Permit or not? Imagine if that got out and did the same to some poor sod on the street??

Not cycling related, but a guy across the road from my girlfriend keeps snakes, and apparently whilst trying to take pictures of his Egyptian Spitting Cobra to sell, it spat right in his eyes. By the time his friend had put the snake away and went to check on the guy who was washing out his eyes, he was dead. Freaky stuff man! Begs the question though, should people be able to own such crazy snakes? Permit or not? Imagine if that got out and did the same to some poor sod on the street??

Not this bugger perhaps?

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Snake-snapping-owner-killed-by-pet-Cobra-20110919

I have seen a couple of puffies on Breedtsnek. One small, baby one on a training ride and one mafuta during last year's Magalies Monster on the way down towards the shebeen. The oke was as thick as coke can.