So, Be Honest...

'Dale

http://www.bikewalknetwork.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/mountain_biking_-_cartoon.gif

So, Rider, the sun is rising a lil' earlier.

Birds are chirping again every morning.

Spring is definitely around the corner.

What makes cycling extra harder is W E I G H T.

How was your winter performance in the kitchen area?

Did you lose / gain / hovered? Or don't you really care?

C'mon, own up! B)

I am about 3.0 kgs over my ideal shape. Sitting squarely at 76. 5 kgs. Not too shabby. And there's work to do.

Edited by AirBender

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 kg to spare. Hanging in at 79, so happy. Drank beer for the first team over 3 week holiday in July so happy. 1 month of solid intervals before hill2hill be perfect.

Up from 73 kgs beginning June to 79 kgs.Flu.All I do is complain and eat.Driving my family nuts.Hoping to get back on next weekend. Starting right at the back.

At 108kg at the mo

Been semi-hovering there for awhile. Gotta get off my ass and stop using work as an excuse.

Will be Stoked to reach 98kg or even 95kg. Lower than that and I will be skin and bone (mine are heavy :D )

I'm about 180cm tall and 80-83kg....should be 75kg....

Starting to commute to work next month - 22km each way, at least 3 times a week.

Hope to shed a few....

I always liked the comment by Floyd Landis, "I don't diet, when I go a few pounds over ideal I stop eating for a few days, yes I get grumpy as hell, but I shift the weight" - but he never was quite sane.!

My weight never changes, I have been 77/78/79 kgs for the last 20 years, I dont diet, I dont watch what I eat and I enjoy a glass of wine every night (okay sometimes a bit more :) ) I always have a few beer's over the weekend and indulge in a few of life's pleasures, like fresh lemon cream cake, or hot malva pudding and ice cream........in my opinion there's more to life than riding a bicycle and life's far to short to worry about what you eat, keep it in moderation and enjoy.

I January I weighed 92kg. I am 1.83m

I now weight 78kg. I lost 14kg this winter.

Lots of training and watching what I eat.

Need to loose 4 kg more. I am positive I would have by the end of September when riding the Karoo to Coast.

One day at a time. One kg at a time. :D

I January I weighed 92kg. I am 1.83m

I now weight 78kg. I lost 14kg this winter.

Lots of training and watching what I eat.

Need to loose 4 kg more. I am positive I would have by the end of September when riding the Karoo to Coast.

One day at a time. One kg at a time. :D

WOW! Nice work man. You must be noticing some serious difference especially when going up hill. You weigh 2 (road bikes) less than you did!

I'm around 88/89 at the moment. 3kgs above my race weight but it will drop off quickly enough when IM training begins on November 1. Until then I will just be "fat" and happy. I am 194cm tall.

Gee, ja, it is easy to let it the scale climb a bit higher during winter, but hasnt been too bad this year, only 1 or 2 kg's for me - Been really bad weather to maintain the training.

WOW! Nice work man. You must be noticing some serious difference especially when going up hill. You weigh 2 (road bikes) less than you did!

Nope .... still sucks at the hills. I am just running out of excuses. :blush:

Stopped smoking, immigrated, got a new job and lost 5 kgs in the last four months (62kg's) with LOTS of training!!!! Righos and the Bwlch circuits 3 times a week will do that to you!! :thumbup: (do yourself a quick favour and google search for these)

Missing the SA sun though, its wet out here :blink:

Edited by I-FELT-the-FORCE

hmm, yeah me too suck at hills still and probably still weigh the same, I dont even wanna check, but well done to all of you

I always liked the comment by Floyd Landis, "I don't diet, when I go a few pounds over ideal I stop eating for a few days, yes I get grumpy as hell, but I shift the weight" - but he never was quite sane.!

My weight never changes, I have been 77/78/79 kgs for the last 20 years, I dont diet, I dont watch what I eat and I enjoy a glass of wine every night (okay sometimes a bit more :) ) I always have a few beer's over the weekend and indulge in a few of life's pleasures, like fresh lemon cream cake, or hot malva pudding and ice cream........in my opinion there's more to life than riding a bicycle and life's far to short to worry about what you eat, keep it in moderation and enjoy.

...gives u the middle finger

1.89m @ 87Kgs need to be 80kgs .... Good time to get back on bike and train heavy by hitting those hills! :rolleyes: