Giro Prolight SLX

Skidmark

http://images.instagram.com/media/2011/08/20/a0ff7e3baa06468faf9db68db2795c2a_7.jpg

Picked 'em up this morning... Can't wait for tomorrow's 90km cycle to put them through their paces.

Have tried them and they are brilliant. Have been a fan or Spez in the shoe department, but this is a worthy competitor for the top step.

I'll find out tomorrow when I ride them for a long distance, but I fear they *might* be half a size too small.. So if anyone's a 45/45.5 and wants a pair, let me know and perhaps you buy a 46/46.5 and we'll swap?

PM me if the above scenario suits you...

combine them with the prolight helmet and the giro ltz cloves and your cycling will take on a whole new dimension!!

i find finetuning the top strap is not as easy as releasing a ratched system. still my most comfy shoe yeat

Spez sworks with the boa closure is a whole different thing. wel any shoe with the boa lacing system ie lake, spez etc, the system makes the shoe literally fit like a glove. the giro shoes comes with a inner sole set where you can build your arch support to your liking. ie bontrager style which is something that spez can look into in the future. just my opinion.

ridden mavic fury, bontrager rxl mtb and road, giro prolight slx, and sworks

Spez sworks with the boa closure is a whole different thing. wel any shoe with the boa lacing system ie lake, spez etc, the system makes the shoe literally fit like a glove. the giro shoes comes with a inner sole set where you can build your arch support to your liking. ie bontrager style which is something that spez can look into in the future. just my opinion.

ridden mavic fury, bontrager rxl mtb and road, giro prolight slx, and sworks

Thanks for the reply No Calves!

Tried them on (Giro), stunning looking lightweight shoe but not going to work for me. They similar to Sidi's ie. for narrow feet!

Sidi is all I know...

I hear good things about the Giro shoes.

Haven't seen any pros use them.

Give us a review, skidmark.

Hope it fits just fine. Let's see when the foot swells a lil' after 50 kms.

I've done 2 cycles with them so far.. one of them a 90km ride and it was awesome.

I thought I'd ordered a size too small and half expected to have that 'hot foot' thing where your foot aches in a shoe that's too small, but i never did. the carbon sole makes for a solid feeling under your foot - like your pedals are the full length of your shoe, not just a 3x1cm strip of metal.

I dont have a massive point of reference as these are my first decent shoes - i'd previously worn 2nd hand shoes i got when i got my bike for R300... So I can't compare them to the sidi's etc, but on their own merit, they're epic :)

leipheimer uses them. in black

at the moment i cant decide between my lake cx401's, giro prologht slx's or bontrager rxl's fot top honours.

Edited by no calves

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, if anyone is interested I have a pair of these in black size 42 that

I am selling with Look cleats and a set of Look pedals in white for R2000K.

Reason, my feet are wide and my old Sidi's just fit better.

post-8874-0-60093000-1315825008.jpg