Rave - Oude Molen MTB race

Rapunzel

What an awesomely organised event! Tough route (wind did play havoc with some of the arrow boards); great watering tables (didn't stop but riding past they looked jovial and well stocked); bike wash at the end; complimentary brandy and glass; hot showers; free massages, sweets, chips and Rehidrat at the Rehidrat recovery zone; Bokomo breakfast zone open from 6am with free breakfast cereals and rusks; generous prizes.

Thanks so much to the organisers, we'll be back next year, even if the weather forecast is the same :clap:

It was an amazing ride!! weather could have been better but last year it was also very windy so not going to complain, awesome singletrack too. What a ride!

It was in some of the magazine calendars and Tygerberg MTB had it in their newsletter. I'm increasingly seeking out non-PPA races as they generally offer better value for money.

It will help if everyone make sure all MTB races they are aware of is posted here on the Hub in the events section. Email the organizers and have them post their events here on the calendar.

It will help if everyone make sure all MTB races they are aware of is posted here on the Hub in the events section. Email the organizers and have them post their events here on the calendar.

I also posted last week asking what the race was like as I was planning to do both Swartland (Sat) and Oude Molen (Sun). A rare Bokke victory and a dinner party with friends torpedoed my plans. blush.gif

I've often wondered why sometimes different events are held back-to-back over a weekend, whereas some weekends there aren't any races. thumbdown.gif

Would be interested to know how many folk missed this race because of the cost of entry. Eikenhof is one of our favourite rides and this route seems to be used by more than one race (or variations of it).

But a R230 late entry is quite steep if there are 5 in the family that ride, even if all do not do the longer races.

This route must be one of the best in the country, but I can't see where the premium entry goes to. Most of the single track gets cleaned up for the TruCape, does Oude Molen contribute to this?

I am just wondering if this is a trend where mountain biking is now moving into the elite arena where organisers can charge what they like and get away with it because of demand from well heeled bikers.

Would be interested to know how many folk missed this race because of the cost of entry. Eikenhof is one of our favourite rides and this route seems to be used by more than one race (or variations of it).

But a R230 late entry is quite steep if there are 5 in the family that ride, even if all do not do the longer races.

This route must be one of the best in the country, but I can't see where the premium entry goes to. Most of the single track gets cleaned up for the TruCape, does Oude Molen contribute to this?

I am just wondering if this is a trend where mountain biking is now moving into the elite arena where organisers can charge what they like and get away with it because of demand from well heeled bikers.

There was some new singletrack that wasn't in Trucape, much better if you ask me.

Well done @charleskeey for winning!

I have to agree with you. More and more corporates pay for the entries, but in the end, it will be like golf, it will work until nobody can afford it anymore...