Check my bikestand!

Vetseun

Hey Y'all, check out my cool bike stand my buddy made for me. Works for my MTB and RB. Makes working on my bikes so easy!. And the cost ZAR 150!. The tool bakkie I got from the Crazy Store for R6.50.Sound like a good deal to me.

post-16512-0-71235500-1313946674.jpg

post-16512-0-77472100-1313946709.jpg

post-16512-0-66556700-1313946723.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks pretty decent. Can you send us some close-ups for the bracket that holds the bikes?

Maybe steel specs and where you got the bracket..... keen to build myself something like that.

Looks cool though :thumbup:

I was at Design in Motion today, and they use a wall mounted bracket to display bikes. Something like that could be really awesome.. Hint hint tongue.gif

Again here are plans for my much published own design. The clamp is unneccesary. I service our tandems on them and has never had any need for clamping. Even when removing Bottom Brackets.

post-24908-0-16354900-1313949255.jpg

Again here are plans for my much published own design. The clamp is unneccesary. I service our tandems on them and has never had any need for clamping. Even when removing Bottom Brackets.

How would the MTB fit on here with no clamp?

Hey Y'all, check out my cool bike stand my buddy made for me. Works for my MTB and RB. Makes working on my bikes so easy!. And the cost ZAR 150!. The tool bakkie I got from the Crazy Store for R6.50.Sound like a good deal to me.

What clamp did you use? Please post a pic, also the swivel point for the clamp.

The bracket that grips the bike is a PVC T piece pipe that has hinges and high density foam on the inside. The metal clasp closes it. It can also then pivot as per the photo.The pivot works with a piece of threaded rod that is locked at the desired angle by turning the lever until secured in place. The photos arent very clear, sorry for this. I will draw it and publish the drawing with measurements, anybody with slight technical ability will be able to build one.

post-16512-0-62402200-1313950046.jpg

Edited by THE BLOODY AGENT

The bracket that grips the bike is a piece of PVC pipe that has hinges and high density foam on the inside. The metal clasp closes it. It can also then pivot as per the photo. The photos arent very clear, sorry for this. I will draw it and publish the drawing with measurements, alybody with slight technical ability will be able to build one.

Clever and neat too :clap: :clap:

You now have to follow very closely:-

* get two of the clamps in the pic belw. They are made for Holdfast bike carriers.

* get two pieces of pipe that fits into each other.

* attach the two clamps on a piece of square tubing and weld the tubing to the smallest pipe.

* drill a hole in the bigger pipe and weld a nut to it.

* Weld a piece of round bar to a bolt and use it like a wing nut to clamp the smaller pipe to the larger pipe.

* you can also cut a slot into the smallr pipe around the circumference and add another fixed bolt to limit the rotation of the clamp.

Daar het jy jou klemp.

post-24908-0-07768300-1313950404.jpg

Edited by eccentric1

:thumbup:

:thumbup:

The three feet or supports makes it easier to stand on uneven surfaces and tilting is minimized.