Western Province Cycling Calender

JA-Q001

So having moved to this great part of the country, having atleast double the amount of road cyclist than the freestate, I thought that I would get a lot more racing in. To my boredome there hasnt been one road race that i know of in this reagion for the last 3 months! Or do I just not know where to search for the races. I really thought that the cape had a big cycling scene with all the cool places to ride, but nothing, there has been more races in these three months in the freestate, than I can find for the rest of the year here in the cape reagion? Where can I find info on the races over here.

I hope it improves or has all the road cyclists over here started doing mtb instead?

Mr Bump, in the cold, wet winter months we do mostly Mtb races here. Starting in September the road racing also start again. One of the first must do's is the Tour De Worcester on 11/09. In October there is a race on about every weekend, so you'll get your fill.

Hope you trained a bit.

Edited by Wannabe

Er yeah Mr Bump...the weather we have had here for the last 2 months has been extremely rare for this time of year. It's literally been a Summer in Winter! Normally, at this time of year Capetonians would be asking us what movies are on the box to watch in bed, and not pondering too many thoughts about getting on the glacier-like roads, so you can understand the various cycling clubs and organizations not organising races at this time of year...It'll come mate...It'll come!!!

Here are the races for the spring roadie season:

SUN 4 Sep WEST COAST CYCLES FUNRIDE

SUN 11 Sep TOUR DE WORCESTER

SUN 9 Oct ENGEN DYNAMIC CHALLENGE

SUN 16 Oct PPA ONE TONNER

SUN 23 Oct WEST COAST EXPRESS

SAT 29 Oct DURBANVILLE HIGH SCHOOL FUNRIDE

SUN 6 Nov KLEIN JOOSTENBERG FUNRIDE

SAT 12 Nov LAGOON CYCLE CHALLENGE

SUN 20 Nov 94.7 Cycle Challenge (up country)

SAT 26 Nov CORONATION DOUBLE CENTURY (team event in Swellendam)

SUN 4 Dec DIE BURGER FIETSTOER

p.s. Check out www.ppa.org.za for more info and entries. Join PPA just to make the entries a little cheaper in the long run.

Edited by Tiny K

Guest Frail4Life

Welcome to CT!

Simple.

This is how the MOTHER City operates.

Some people (note some people), hibernate for 9 months of the Year and then only participate in 1 or 2 Events.

Therefore all the Big funding and Sponsorships have found more profitable ventures. Leaving a few Events on the CT Calender.

Yes there is more activity on the MTB scene.

Two issues.

1.Sponsors

2.Cape Towners are TOO Cheap.